The financial types at Lionsgate are working overtime to take advantage of today’s super low interest rates — and prepare for the 2013 expiration of a major five-year credit facility. The company is just beginning to chat with banks about a new credit line of as much as $750M to replace the current $340M facility which expires next July. The funds would be used for general corporate purposes. It hasn’t chosen a lead banker yet although JP Morgan, Wells Fargo, and Bank of America are strong candidates. The talks are taking place as Lionsgate — enjoying its windfall from The Hunger Games –seizes opportunities to pay down its existing, and often high-priced, debt. The company noted in an investor presentation last week that in six months it has reduced its $500M term loan from the Summit Entertainment acquisition to $299M. It’s getting rid of $23.5M in 3.625% convertible notes by exchanging the debt for equity. The first tranche took place on Monday, and the second will be this coming Monday. Also, with interest rates at record lows, the company likely will refinance $436M in high yield debt, at about 10%, to a more reasonable rate of around 3%.
Lionsgate To Increase Borrowing In Credit Facility As It Pays Down Debt
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $93M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’