BREAKING … The Abraham Lincoln movie starring Daniel Day-Lewis as Honest Abe will get an exclusive release November 9, 2012, and expand wide November 16, Disney just announced. That puts it squarely in the midst of Oscar season. The Steven Spielberg-directed Lincoln is a DreamWorks production; Fox and Participant Media are partners in the film and Fox will handle international distribution. It had previously not had a release date, but now will make for some pretty extreme counterprogramming with another anticipated pic: Summit’s The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 also opens wide November 16. Four years in the making, Lincoln is from a screenplay by Tony Kushner based on the bestselling book Team Of Rivals by Doris Kerns Goodwin. It revolves around the Lincoln and the powerful men of his cabinet on the road to abolition and the end of the Civil War. Sally Field, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tommy Lee Jones and James Spader co-star.
Disney Dates Steven Spielberg's 'Lincoln' Into Awards-Season Fray
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
More From Team
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'
- 'Cake' Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It
- Regina King To Co-Star In FX Pilot 'Pariah'; Daisy Betts Joins 'Childhood's End' On Syfy