BREAKING … The Abraham Lincoln movie starring Daniel Day-Lewis as Honest Abe will get an exclusive release November 9, 2012, and expand wide November 16, Disney just announced. That puts it squarely in the midst of Oscar season. The Steven Spielberg-directed Lincoln is a DreamWorks production; Fox and Participant Media are partners in the film and Fox will handle international distribution. It had previously not had a release date, but now will make for some pretty extreme counterprogramming with another anticipated pic: Summit’s The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 also opens wide November 16. Four years in the making, Lincoln is from a screenplay by Tony Kushner based on the bestselling book Team Of Rivals by Doris Kerns Goodwin. It revolves around the Lincoln and the powerful men of his cabinet on the road to abolition and the end of the Civil War. Sally Field, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tommy Lee Jones and James Spader co-star.
Disney Dates Steven Spielberg's 'Lincoln' Into Awards-Season Fray
What's Hot on Deadline
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest Film News
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M