BREAKING … The Abraham Lincoln movie starring Daniel Day-Lewis as Honest Abe will get an exclusive release November 9, 2012, and expand wide November 16, Disney just announced. That puts it squarely in the midst of Oscar season. The Steven Spielberg-directed Lincoln is a DreamWorks production; Fox and Participant Media are partners in the film and Fox will handle international distribution. It had previously not had a release date, but now will make for some pretty extreme counterprogramming with another anticipated pic: Summit’s The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 also opens wide November 16. Four years in the making, Lincoln is from a screenplay by Tony Kushner based on the bestselling book Team Of Rivals by Doris Kerns Goodwin. It revolves around the Lincoln and the powerful men of his cabinet on the road to abolition and the end of the Civil War. Sally Field, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tommy Lee Jones and James Spader co-star.
Disney Dates Steven Spielberg's 'Lincoln' Into Awards-Season Fray
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
MoviePass Launches Annual Subscription Plan For Under $8 A Month: That's Lower Than The Average Movie Ticket Price
Latest Film News
- Jay Pharoah, Katt Williams, Keke Palmer In Lionsgate Laffer ‘#Twominutesoffame’
- ‘Get Out’ Director Jordan Peele: Scaring Up Racial Dialogue By Fusing Genre With Polemic
- Raza Jaffrey Cast In ‘The Rhythm Section’
- ‘Don’t Talk To Irene’ Filmmaker Pat Mills Signs With Verve
- Bryan Cranston Talks ‘Last Flag Flying’ And His Upcoming Turn As Howard Beale In ‘Network’ On The…
- Millennium Pacts In Exclusive Deal With ‘Curious George’ Rey Estate For Origin Story