BREAKING … The Abraham Lincoln movie starring Daniel Day-Lewis as Honest Abe will get an exclusive release November 9, 2012, and expand wide November 16, Disney just announced. That puts it squarely in the midst of Oscar season. The Steven Spielberg-directed Lincoln is a DreamWorks production; Fox and Participant Media are partners in the film and Fox will handle international distribution. It had previously not had a release date, but now will make for some pretty extreme counterprogramming with another anticipated pic: Summit’s The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 also opens wide November 16. Four years in the making, Lincoln is from a screenplay by Tony Kushner based on the bestselling book Team Of Rivals by Doris Kerns Goodwin. It revolves around the Lincoln and the powerful men of his cabinet on the road to abolition and the end of the Civil War. Sally Field, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tommy Lee Jones and James Spader co-star.
Disney Dates Steven Spielberg's 'Lincoln' Into Awards-Season Fray
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Vice's Shane Smith To Big Media: "Open Sh*t Up" Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney - Edinburgh
Latest Film News
- TriStar Nails Attica Prison Riot Book For Amy Pascal; Second Project In Works About 1971 Uprising
- Marketing Exec VP Loren Schwartz Leaving Warner Bros.
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ Review: Don’t Go
- ‘Rings’ Trailer: Samara Returns In The Digital Era
- Doug Liman Will Direct DC Title ‘Justice League Dark’ For Warner Bros
- ‘Manchester By The Sea’ Trailer: First Look At Kenneth Lonergan’s Family Drama Starring Casey Affleck