Liev Schreiber will play President Lyndon B Johnson in The Butler, the Lee Daniels-directed film about the life of Eugene Allen, a White House servant who worked for eight First Families. The film also stars Robin Williams (as President Dwight D. Eisenhower), Forest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey and David Oyelowo, as well as John Cusack, Alan Rickman, Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan and recently added cast members Melissa Leo (Mamie Eisenhower), James Marsden (JFK), Minka Kelly (Jackie Kennedy), Mariah Carey, Vanessa Redgrave, Alex Pettyfer, Yaya DaCosta, Elijah Kelly and Jesse Williams. Danny Strong wrote the script with Daniels, based on Wil Haygood’s Washington Post article about Allen. Daniels will produce with Hilary Shor, Cassian Elwes and Pam Williams of Laura Ziskin Prods. The music is being composed by Quincy Jones. Schreiber is repped by Untitled and CAA.
Liev Schreiber Is LBJ In Lee Daniels' 'The Butler'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’
- Belgium Selects ‘The Ardennes’ For Foreign Language Oscar Race; Korea Taps Spy Film ‘Age Of Shadows’
- Kaitlyn Dever & Hannah Murray Joins Kathryn Bigelow’s Detroit Riots Pic; Indie ‘Walden’ Adds Demián Bichir & T.J…
- Kathryn Bigelow Adds Cast To Mark Boal-Scripted Detroit Movie
- Chris Parnell Enrolls In New Line’s ‘Life Of The Party’; Nicky Whelan Joins ‘Tragedy Girls’
- ‘Finding Steve McQueen’ Helmed By Mark Steven Johnson With Forest Whitaker, Travis Fimmel, Kate Bosworth, Others