Liev Schreiber will play President Lyndon B Johnson in The Butler, the Lee Daniels-directed film about the life of Eugene Allen, a White House servant who worked for eight First Families. The film also stars Robin Williams (as President Dwight D. Eisenhower), Forest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey and David Oyelowo, as well as John Cusack, Alan Rickman, Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan and recently added cast members Melissa Leo (Mamie Eisenhower), James Marsden (JFK), Minka Kelly (Jackie Kennedy), Mariah Carey, Vanessa Redgrave, Alex Pettyfer, Yaya DaCosta, Elijah Kelly and Jesse Williams. Danny Strong wrote the script with Daniels, based on Wil Haygood’s Washington Post article about Allen. Daniels will produce with Hilary Shor, Cassian Elwes and Pam Williams of Laura Ziskin Prods. The music is being composed by Quincy Jones. Schreiber is repped by Untitled and CAA.
Liev Schreiber Is LBJ In Lee Daniels' 'The Butler'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- ‘Being Evel’ Producer Johnny Knoxville At Sundance: Daredevil Tales And The Price Of Pushing The Envelope
- Irish Tale ‘Brooklyn’ Lands $9 Million Fox Searchlight Deal – Sundance
- Studio 8, Bona Film Group Join TriStar’s Ang Lee ‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk’
- Sony Engaging ‘Imitation Game’ Helmer Morten Tyldum For Space Saga ‘Passengers’
- Alchemy Confirms Deal For Nicole Kidman-Starrer ‘Strangerland’ – Sundance