Liev Schreiber will play President Lyndon B Johnson in The Butler, the Lee Daniels-directed film about the life of Eugene Allen, a White House servant who worked for eight First Families. The film also stars Robin Williams (as President Dwight D. Eisenhower), Forest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey and David Oyelowo, as well as John Cusack, Alan Rickman, Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan and recently added cast members Melissa Leo (Mamie Eisenhower), James Marsden (JFK), Minka Kelly (Jackie Kennedy), Mariah Carey, Vanessa Redgrave, Alex Pettyfer, Yaya DaCosta, Elijah Kelly and Jesse Williams. Danny Strong wrote the script with Daniels, based on Wil Haygood’s Washington Post article about Allen. Daniels will produce with Hilary Shor, Cassian Elwes and Pam Williams of Laura Ziskin Prods. The music is being composed by Quincy Jones. Schreiber is repped by Untitled and CAA.
Liev Schreiber Is LBJ In Lee Daniels' 'The Butler'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Let's Be Cops' Helmer Luke Greenfield Closes Fox Deal For Next Pic
- Liam Neeson Sweet On Harlan Coben's 'Tell No One'
- Ridley Scott, Giannina Facio Acquire Faith-Based 'Embraced By The Light'
- RatPac Entertainment Sets Paul Neinstein To Be COO
- Toronto: 'The Dead Lands' Acquired By Magnet In NA Rights Deal
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Katey Sagal Mothers Vinny Pazienza In Fight Pic 'Bleed For This'