Liev Schreiber will play President Lyndon B Johnson in The Butler, the Lee Daniels-directed film about the life of Eugene Allen, a White House servant who worked for eight First Families. The film also stars Robin Williams (as President Dwight D. Eisenhower), Forest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey and David Oyelowo, as well as John Cusack, Alan Rickman, Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan and recently added cast members Melissa Leo (Mamie Eisenhower), James Marsden (JFK), Minka Kelly (Jackie Kennedy), Mariah Carey, Vanessa Redgrave, Alex Pettyfer, Yaya DaCosta, Elijah Kelly and Jesse Williams. Danny Strong wrote the script with Daniels, based on Wil Haygood’s Washington Post article about Allen. Daniels will produce with Hilary Shor, Cassian Elwes and Pam Williams of Laura Ziskin Prods. The music is being composed by Quincy Jones. Schreiber is repped by Untitled and CAA.
Liev Schreiber Is LBJ In Lee Daniels' 'The Butler'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First
- Apichatpong Weerasethakul’s ‘Cemetery Of Splendour’ Wins At Asia Pacific Awards
- Paul Walker’s Father Sues Porsche For ‘Fast And Furious’ Actor’s Death
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Gets PG-13 Rating
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The…