Liev Schreiber will play President Lyndon B Johnson in The Butler, the Lee Daniels-directed film about the life of Eugene Allen, a White House servant who worked for eight First Families. The film also stars Robin Williams (as President Dwight D. Eisenhower), Forest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey and David Oyelowo, as well as John Cusack, Alan Rickman, Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan and recently added cast members Melissa Leo (Mamie Eisenhower), James Marsden (JFK), Minka Kelly (Jackie Kennedy), Mariah Carey, Vanessa Redgrave, Alex Pettyfer, Yaya DaCosta, Elijah Kelly and Jesse Williams. Danny Strong wrote the script with Daniels, based on Wil Haygood’s Washington Post article about Allen. Daniels will produce with Hilary Shor, Cassian Elwes and Pam Williams of Laura Ziskin Prods. The music is being composed by Quincy Jones. Schreiber is repped by Untitled and CAA.
Liev Schreiber Is LBJ In Lee Daniels' 'The Butler'
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'The Shape Of Water' Wins Outstanding Producer; 'Handmaid's Tale', 'Mrs. Maisel' Tops In TV - Full Winners List
'SNL' Highlights: Stormy Does Update, Robert Mueller Bursts At Seams, Jessica Chastain Hosts Anti-Trump Game Show
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
Latest Film News
- Ethan Hawke Talks Sundance Memories, Directing ‘Blaze’ & Outlaw Country
- ‘Dark Money’ Exclusive Clip: Feature Doc Premieres At Sundance Tomorrow
- ‘Tyrel’ Director Sebastián Silva On The Film’s Alienation Premise – Sundance Studio
- SAG Awards Stunt Ensemble Winners: ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Game Of Thrones’
- ‘RBG’: How Betsy West & Julie Cohen Gained Access Into The Life Of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg…
- ‘Jumanji’ At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; ‘Maze Runner: Death Cure’ Debuts – International…