Liev Schreiber will play President Lyndon B Johnson in The Butler, the Lee Daniels-directed film about the life of Eugene Allen, a White House servant who worked for eight First Families. The film also stars Robin Williams (as President Dwight D. Eisenhower), Forest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey and David Oyelowo, as well as John Cusack, Alan Rickman, Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan and recently added cast members Melissa Leo (Mamie Eisenhower), James Marsden (JFK), Minka Kelly (Jackie Kennedy), Mariah Carey, Vanessa Redgrave, Alex Pettyfer, Yaya DaCosta, Elijah Kelly and Jesse Williams. Danny Strong wrote the script with Daniels, based on Wil Haygood’s Washington Post article about Allen. Daniels will produce with Hilary Shor, Cassian Elwes and Pam Williams of Laura Ziskin Prods. The music is being composed by Quincy Jones. Schreiber is repped by Untitled and CAA.
Liev Schreiber Is LBJ In Lee Daniels' 'The Butler'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Mike Epps Steps Into Eli Roth’s ‘Death Wish’
- Max Casella Joins Woody Allen’s Untitled Film; Gilbert Owuor Cast In ‘Mute’
- Suki Waterhouse Schedules A Date With ‘Jonathan’
- Brad Anderson Set To Direct Gary Whitta-Scripted ‘FATE’
- George Lucas Endows Haskell Wexler Chair In Documentary At USC School Of Cinematic Arts