Liev Schreiber will play President Lyndon B Johnson in The Butler, the Lee Daniels-directed film about the life of Eugene Allen, a White House servant who worked for eight First Families. The film also stars Robin Williams (as President Dwight D. Eisenhower), Forest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey and David Oyelowo, as well as John Cusack, Alan Rickman, Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan and recently added cast members Melissa Leo (Mamie Eisenhower), James Marsden (JFK), Minka Kelly (Jackie Kennedy), Mariah Carey, Vanessa Redgrave, Alex Pettyfer, Yaya DaCosta, Elijah Kelly and Jesse Williams. Danny Strong wrote the script with Daniels, based on Wil Haygood’s Washington Post article about Allen. Daniels will produce with Hilary Shor, Cassian Elwes and Pam Williams of Laura Ziskin Prods. The music is being composed by Quincy Jones. Schreiber is repped by Untitled and CAA.
Liev Schreiber Is LBJ In Lee Daniels' 'The Butler'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Off To Low Ratings Start, 'Jane The Virgin' Slips In Return, 'Blindspot' Ticks Up
'The Arcana Chronicles' Books To Get TV Series Adaptation By Warner Bros. With Adam Shankman Producing
Latest Film News
- Lee Daniels, Megan Ellison, Rob Marshall To Be Feted At SAG Foundation 30th Anniversary Gala
- Eugene Cordero Heads To ‘Kong: Skull Island’; Amiah Miller Joins ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’
- Jennifer Lawrence Schedule Rethink? Exits ‘Rosie Project’, In Talks For Darren Aronofsky Indie
- Deadline’s THE CONTENDERS Set For November 7 At DGA Theatre – Must-Stop For Oscar Hopefuls
- Jackie Earle Haley Signs With Gersh
- Kate Winslet Attaches To Play WWII Correspondent Lee Miller