Liev Schreiber will play President Lyndon B Johnson in The Butler, the Lee Daniels-directed film about the life of Eugene Allen, a White House servant who worked for eight First Families. The film also stars Robin Williams (as President Dwight D. Eisenhower), Forest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey and David Oyelowo, as well as John Cusack, Alan Rickman, Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan and recently added cast members Melissa Leo (Mamie Eisenhower), James Marsden (JFK), Minka Kelly (Jackie Kennedy), Mariah Carey, Vanessa Redgrave, Alex Pettyfer, Yaya DaCosta, Elijah Kelly and Jesse Williams. Danny Strong wrote the script with Daniels, based on Wil Haygood’s Washington Post article about Allen. Daniels will produce with Hilary Shor, Cassian Elwes and Pam Williams of Laura Ziskin Prods. The music is being composed by Quincy Jones. Schreiber is repped by Untitled and CAA.
Liev Schreiber Is LBJ In Lee Daniels' 'The Butler'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Split' And 'xXx' Merge Into Market While 'The Founder' May Get Lost In Heavy Traffic - Box Office Preview
'Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee' Moves To Netflix As Part Of Big Jerry Seinfeld Deal That Includes Specials & Series
Latest Film News
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Producer “Horrified” Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott…
- Sundance Women’s March: Connie Britton, Aisha Tyler & Maria Bello Among Speakers
- Fox & DeVon Franklin Set Miracle Tale ‘The Impossible’
- Fox Promotes Salil Mehta To Head Up Newly-Created Gaming & VR Division
- ‘The Affair’s Ruth Wilson On ‘Hedda Gabler,’ Thinking Big & How “Hollywood Is No Longer The…
- Dave Franco Inks With WME