Liev Schreiber will play President Lyndon B Johnson in The Butler, the Lee Daniels-directed film about the life of Eugene Allen, a White House servant who worked for eight First Families. The film also stars Robin Williams (as President Dwight D. Eisenhower), Forest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey and David Oyelowo, as well as John Cusack, Alan Rickman, Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan and recently added cast members Melissa Leo (Mamie Eisenhower), James Marsden (JFK), Minka Kelly (Jackie Kennedy), Mariah Carey, Vanessa Redgrave, Alex Pettyfer, Yaya DaCosta, Elijah Kelly and Jesse Williams. Danny Strong wrote the script with Daniels, based on Wil Haygood’s Washington Post article about Allen. Daniels will produce with Hilary Shor, Cassian Elwes and Pam Williams of Laura Ziskin Prods. The music is being composed by Quincy Jones. Schreiber is repped by Untitled and CAA.
Liev Schreiber Is LBJ In Lee Daniels' 'The Butler'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Les Moonves Calls Not Embracing Diversity “Stupid”, Universal’s Jeff Shell Tells Confab Movie Biz 10-Yrs…
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ Moves To 2017; Clash Avoided With Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’
- Andrew Garfield To Star In ‘Under The Silver Lake’ As ‘It Follows’ Follow-Up For David Robert Mitchell…
- ‘Blackway’ Bow Set For June As Electric Entertainment’s Inaugural Release – Cannes First-Look Clip
- X Japan Docu ‘We Are X’ Picked Up By Mongrel International; Simon West Attached To Helm ‘War Wolf…
- Timothy Spall To Star In YA Supernatural Thriller ‘The Changeover’ – Cannes