Liev Schreiber will play President Lyndon B Johnson in The Butler, the Lee Daniels-directed film about the life of Eugene Allen, a White House servant who worked for eight First Families. The film also stars Robin Williams (as President Dwight D. Eisenhower), Forest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey and David Oyelowo, as well as John Cusack, Alan Rickman, Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan and recently added cast members Melissa Leo (Mamie Eisenhower), James Marsden (JFK), Minka Kelly (Jackie Kennedy), Mariah Carey, Vanessa Redgrave, Alex Pettyfer, Yaya DaCosta, Elijah Kelly and Jesse Williams. Danny Strong wrote the script with Daniels, based on Wil Haygood’s Washington Post article about Allen. Daniels will produce with Hilary Shor, Cassian Elwes and Pam Williams of Laura Ziskin Prods. The music is being composed by Quincy Jones. Schreiber is repped by Untitled and CAA.
Liev Schreiber Is LBJ In Lee Daniels' 'The Butler'
What's Hot on Deadline
Billboard Music Awards Ratings Hit Low, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Finale Rises, NBA Up With Warriors' Win
Mario Batali Under Criminal Investigation By NYPD For Sexual Assault Allegations; B&B HG Sever Ties With Chef - Update
Oprah Winfrey, Natalie Portman, Lena Dunham, Chadwick Boseman Among 140 To Sign Open Letter On Gender Equality
Latest Film News
- He’s Baaaack! Ryan Kavanaugh Hired As Consultant By Relativity’s New Owners
- Warner Bros To Make Film On Bard Prison Initiative Debate Team That Beat Harvard
- Lena Waithe Joins Kay Cannon, Nico Santos For GLAAD Forum Discussion On LGBTQ Representation In Film
- Orion Classics Relaunches At MGM With Kate Bosworth Film ‘The Domestics’ As First Release
- ‘Mowgli’ Trailer: Andy Serkis’ Dark ‘Jungle Book’ Tale With Big-Name Cast
- Halle Berry, Anjelica Huston Join Cast For ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’