Here’s another Hollywood example of big boys and their big toys. Thomas Tull’s Legendary Pictures didn’t just co-finance The Dark Knight Rises with Warner Bros, he’s in the movie, too. The Legendary Pictures CEO shows up onscreen about halfway through Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy finale. Tull plays the owner of the fictional Gotham Rogues football team and is seen wearing a Rogues’ jersey and welcoming Gotham City Mayor Anthony Garcia (Nestor Carbonell) to the owners’ box to watch the team play. The uncredited appearance has no dialogue and is the first time Tull has appeared in one of the films he’s produced. Tull owns a minority stake of the NFL’s Pittsburgh Steelers whose stadium is featured in the movie as the place where the imaginary Gotham Rogues play. Tull last night held a private screening of the film in Pittsburgh for the Steelers players. A number of Steelers players, including Mike Wallace, Ben Roethlisberger, Troy Polamalu, as well as former wide receiver Hines Ward and coach Bill Cowher, appear in the scenes filmed on Heinz Field. Pittsburgh, along with LA and New York City, was one of the primary U.S. locations for Dark Knight Rises. The movie opens wide on Friday.
Co-Financier Thomas Tull Makes 'Dark Knight Rises' Cameo
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local
- Paramount Whistleblower: Emails Reveal Studio Officials Tried To "Freak Her Out"
- ‘Woman In Gold’ Review: Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds A Great Pair In Remarkable Story
- Sony Taps Nielsen NRG Exec For Film Research Role
- Colin Trevorrow’s Next Page? Helming ‘Book Of Henry’ For SKE
- Emily Blunt Takes Bite Of ‘Animal Crackers'; ‘Neon Demon’ Cast Is Set – Film Briefs