Here’s another Hollywood example of big boys and their big toys. Thomas Tull’s Legendary Pictures didn’t just co-finance The Dark Knight Rises with Warner Bros, he’s in the movie, too. The Legendary Pictures CEO shows up onscreen about halfway through Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy finale. Tull plays the owner of the fictional Gotham Rogues football team and is seen wearing a Rogues’ jersey and welcoming Gotham City Mayor Anthony Garcia (Nestor Carbonell) to the owners’ box to watch the team play. The uncredited appearance has no dialogue and is the first time Tull has appeared in one of the films he’s produced. Tull owns a minority stake of the NFL’s Pittsburgh Steelers whose stadium is featured in the movie as the place where the imaginary Gotham Rogues play. Tull last night held a private screening of the film in Pittsburgh for the Steelers players. A number of Steelers players, including Mike Wallace, Ben Roethlisberger, Troy Polamalu, as well as former wide receiver Hines Ward and coach Bill Cowher, appear in the scenes filmed on Heinz Field. Pittsburgh, along with LA and New York City, was one of the primary U.S. locations for Dark Knight Rises. The movie opens wide on Friday.
Co-Financier Thomas Tull Makes 'Dark Knight Rises' Cameo
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Motion Pictures Sound Editors’ Golden Reel Awards: 'Hacksaw Ridge,' 'Westworld' Among Winners - Full List
WGA Awards: 'Moonlight' & 'Arrival' Win Top Film Prizes; FX's 'Atlanta' & 'The Americans' Lead TV - Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?
- Motion Pictures Sound Editors' Golden Reel Awards: ‘Hacksaw Ridge,’ ‘Westworld’ Among Winners…
- Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘People V. O.J. Simpson’ Among Winners…
- WGA Members Outline Top Issues In Looming Contract Negotiations – WGA Awards
- WGA Awards: ‘Moonlight’ & ‘Arrival’ Win Top Film Prizes; FX’s ‘Atlanta’ & ‘The Americans’ Lead TV – Complete…
- Richard Schickel Dies: Time Magazine Film Critic Was 84