Hong Kong director Kirk Wong is coming out of retirement to direct martial arts actioner Six, his first feature in over 10 years. Producers have just greenlighted the picture with a November start eyed in China and Louisiana. An actor and director, Wong helmed 1998 action comedy The Big Hit starring Mark Wahlberg and exec produced by John Woo. He also directed the 1996 Jackie Chan thriller Crime Story. The Six script, by Hero‘s Li Feng, Beyond The Mat‘s Eric Martinez and Doug Brode, follows a mad scientist who fuses human and animal genes to create fierce fighters. A group of five must join together when another of their kind sets out to hunt them down and harness their powers. The project also has elements of romance and Manga. Cast will be a mix of Hollywood and Asian talent. China’s OK101 Ltd, Fantawild Film Industry Investment, Asia Entertainment Media and National Film Capital are co-producing with Hyde Park International executive producing and handling worldwide sales, excluding Greater China.
Kirk Wong Returns To Features With China-U.S. Martial Arts Mutant Thriller 'Six'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'
- Hot Trailer: Marion Cotillard Has 'Two Days, One Night'
- Will Disney Take 'Pirates 5′ Down Under Using '20,000 Leagues' Tax Incentive?
- Intl Box Office Final: 'Turtles' Overpower 'Expendables 3′ In Russia; 'Dragon 2′ Takes Flight In China With $25.9M
- BBC One Renews Hit Crime Drama 'Happy Valley'
- UPDATE: UK Jewish Film Fest, London's Tricycle Cinema Reach Entente