Hong Kong director Kirk Wong is coming out of retirement to direct martial arts actioner Six, his first feature in over 10 years. Producers have just greenlighted the picture with a November start eyed in China and Louisiana. An actor and director, Wong helmed 1998 action comedy The Big Hit starring Mark Wahlberg and exec produced by John Woo. He also directed the 1996 Jackie Chan thriller Crime Story. The Six script, by Hero‘s Li Feng, Beyond The Mat‘s Eric Martinez and Doug Brode, follows a mad scientist who fuses human and animal genes to create fierce fighters. A group of five must join together when another of their kind sets out to hunt them down and harness their powers. The project also has elements of romance and Manga. Cast will be a mix of Hollywood and Asian talent. China’s OK101 Ltd, Fantawild Film Industry Investment, Asia Entertainment Media and National Film Capital are co-producing with Hyde Park International executive producing and handling worldwide sales, excluding Greater China.
Kirk Wong Returns To Features With China-U.S. Martial Arts Mutant Thriller 'Six'
What's Hot on Deadline
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- M.I.A & Ed Sheeran Films Drum Up Global Interest in Rock Docs – Berlin
- ‘Dunkirk’, ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Take Home Top Honors At MPSE Golden Reel Awards – Complete…
- Idrissa Ouedraogo Dies: Noted Director Of African Film Was 64
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Stuns ‘Shape Of Water’ But Does This Mean Oscar Is Next?…
- History Is Already Written: Film Comedies Came Back In 2018
- Greenwich Entertainment Acquires Lorna Tucker Docu ‘Westwood: Punk, Icon, Activist’