Hong Kong director Kirk Wong is coming out of retirement to direct martial arts actioner Six, his first feature in over 10 years. Producers have just greenlighted the picture with a November start eyed in China and Louisiana. An actor and director, Wong helmed 1998 action comedy The Big Hit starring Mark Wahlberg and exec produced by John Woo. He also directed the 1996 Jackie Chan thriller Crime Story. The Six script, by Hero‘s Li Feng, Beyond The Mat‘s Eric Martinez and Doug Brode, follows a mad scientist who fuses human and animal genes to create fierce fighters. A group of five must join together when another of their kind sets out to hunt them down and harness their powers. The project also has elements of romance and Manga. Cast will be a mix of Hollywood and Asian talent. China’s OK101 Ltd, Fantawild Film Industry Investment, Asia Entertainment Media and National Film Capital are co-producing with Hyde Park International executive producing and handling worldwide sales, excluding Greater China.
Kirk Wong Returns To Features With China-U.S. Martial Arts Mutant Thriller 'Six'
What's Hot on Deadline
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Latest Film News
- WGA Awards: ‘Spotlight’ & ‘The Big Short’ Take Marquee Film Honors; ‘Mad Men’, ‘Veep’ & ‘Mr. Robot’ Top TV…
- Deadline’s 2016 WGA Awards Live Blog
- Paramount Closes Domestic Deal For George Clooney’s ‘Suburbicon’- Berlin
- Vertical Entertainment Catches Worldwide Rights To Baseball Pic ‘Undrafted’
- Nigel Lythgoe To Exec Produce Dance Pic ‘Tackling Romeo’ – Berlin
- Focus Features Makes Big Berlin Deal; $9 Million For Interracial Marriage Drama ‘Loving’