The original 2000 French film With A Friend Like Harry centers on a family man, Michel, who is joined on vacation by an old schoolmate, Harry, who he doesn’t remember. At first Harry seems to be just what the family needs, but the friendlier he gets the more mysteriously menacing his effects become. Kimberly Peirce has been set to direct the psychological thriller, which Wentworth Miller is adapting. Maven Pictures‘ Trudie Styler and Celine Rattray is aboard to produce alongside Michelle Krumm. Peirce is directing the remake of Carrie starring Chloë Moretz and Julianne Moore. Miller’s latest script is Stoker, a horror-suspense pic that Fox Searchlight will release March 1, 2013, with Nicole Kidman and Mia Wasikowska starring and Park Chan-wook directing.
Kimberly Peirce To Direct 'With A Friend Like Harry' For Maven Pictures
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office: 'If I Stay' Best Of Lifeless Bunch As 'Sin City 2' Tanks, 'Game' Tries To Find Footing And 'Guardians' No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company