The original 2000 French film With A Friend Like Harry centers on a family man, Michel, who is joined on vacation by an old schoolmate, Harry, who he doesn’t remember. At first Harry seems to be just what the family needs, but the friendlier he gets the more mysteriously menacing his effects become. Kimberly Peirce has been set to direct the psychological thriller, which Wentworth Miller is adapting. Maven Pictures‘ Trudie Styler and Celine Rattray is aboard to produce alongside Michelle Krumm. Peirce is directing the remake of Carrie starring Chloë Moretz and Julianne Moore. Miller’s latest script is Stoker, a horror-suspense pic that Fox Searchlight will release March 1, 2013, with Nicole Kidman and Mia Wasikowska starring and Park Chan-wook directing.
Kimberly Peirce To Direct 'With A Friend Like Harry' For Maven Pictures
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- 'TMZ Hollywood Sports' To Anchor Reelz Primetime
- Relativity Sets Thrillers 'The Disappointments Room' & 'Kidnap' For Fall 2015
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'
- Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In 'The Judge'
- Paramount Shifts 'Scouts Vs Zombies', 'Paranormal Activity 5′ Release Dates
- TNT Nabs Rights To Five Upcoming Marvel Pics Including 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'