Kevin Costner alleges Morgan Creek Productions reneged on its promise to share profits from the 1991 film that grossed over $390 million worldwide and tens of millions more from television, home video and other sources, according to the lawsuit filed today in LA Superior Court (read it here). His allegations include breach of contract and fraud. Costner minces no words in the introduction of the lawsuit. It reads” “Every actor hopes to star in a great movie that makes substantial profits. But if you’re hoping to earn profits based on the success of your film and you want to be paid on a timely basis, then one company you certainly do not want to do business with is Defendant Morgan Creek Productions”. In the suit, Costner claims Morgan Creek “intentionally concealed information and employed inaccurate and improper accounting practices designed to deprive Mr. Costner of his backend participation”. According to the complaint, Costner was entitled to 12.5% of the adjusted gross receipts of the picture in excess of $60 million and 15% of the AGR in excess of $100 million. A message was left after business hours with Morgan Creek Productions for comment. The suit seeks unspecified general and punitive damages and court costs.
Kevin Costner Sues Over Profits From 'Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Lassos $185M Overseas, $279M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $739M Global - International Box Office
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Surge As Eagles Claw Cowboys; Trump Says NFL Should "Suspend" Marshawn Lynch
Latest Film News
- AT&T Boss In Wake Of DOJ Lawsuit: Any Deal Harming CNN Is “A Non-Starter”
- Alexandra Shipp In Final Negotiations To Join Samuel L. Jackson, Richard Roundtree In ‘Shaft’
- ‘Mother!’ Director Darren Aronofsky: Why His Home Invasion Thriller Is Like Kindergarten
- Relativity School Re-branded To Studio School; Move Distances Itself From Failed Company
- Medical Marijuana Heist Spec ‘Green Rush’ Lands At New Republic In Brian Oliver & Will Packer Team-Up
- ‘Mary And The Witch’s Flower’ Director On Exploring World Of Magic Through The Eyes Of A Young Girl