EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein On 'The Imitation Game,' Best Picture Dissing, Sony Hack, Netflix And Quentin Tarantino
PGA Awards: 'Birdman' Wins Top Film Prize, 'Breaking Bad' Takes Drama Trophy & 'Orange Is The New Black' Nabs Comedy
More From Patten
- Jason Sudeikis, Alison Brie Try ‘Sleeping With Other People’ At Sundance – Video
- Jack Black On Sundance As “Indie Mecca”, The “Miracle” Of Getting Small Movies Made
- Craig Zobel On How He Landed Ejiofor, Pine & Robbie For Sundance Pic ‘Z For Zachariah’
- Eli Roth Talks “Great Thrill” Of Sundance Debut & Keanu Reeves Joining ‘Knock Knock…
- Lena Dunham Tackles “Perv” Woody Allen, “Puritanical” USA & Campus Rape At Sundance Panel