EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Ropes $39M; 'Ninjago' Dulls Sword To $20M+; 'Friend Request' A Loner With $1.8M
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Latest Film News
- Fran Drescher & Peter Bogdanovich Join ‘The Creatress’; Tilda Del Toro Boards ‘Night School’; Jaden Piner Cast In ‘BOO…
- Greta Gerwig’s ‘Lady Bird’ Going A Week Earlier In November
- Rob Morrow Joins War Drama ‘The Kill Team’
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’: Aaron McCusker Cast As Freddie Mercury Boyfriend Jim Hutton
- Elaine Brown’s ‘A Taste Of Power’ About Only Woman To Lead Black Panther Party Acquired By The Firm…
- 'Jane' First Look: Doc On Jane Goodall's Early Work With Chimps Culled From 100 Hours Of Unseen Footage