EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
'Triple Frontier' Finally Going: Affleck, Isaac, Pascal, Hunnam, Hedlund, Arjona In JC Chandor's Lineup
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Latest Film News
- MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber Leaving Company After Eight Years At The Helm
- ‘Sicario: Day of the Soldado’ Trailer: Benicio Del Toro & Josh Brolin Are Locked And Loaded For A New…
- ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe’s Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
- Deadline’s 2017 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament Gets Underway: No. 10 ‘Get Out’
- Glynn Turman, Stephanie Turner To Topline ‘Justine’; Jackson Rathbone, Kerri Medders Cast In ‘Do Not Reply…
- The Weinstein Company’s 363 Bankruptcy Filing Tonight In Delaware?