EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $16M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Latest Film News
- Vin Diesel Officially Passes 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars
- Anna Gunn Talks Starring In ‘Equity’, Working With Clint Eastwood & Rumors Of ‘Breaking Bad’ And ‘Deadwood…
- Marvel’s ‘Avengers 3’ Gets Official Title With Temp Name Hung On ‘Avengers 4’
- Animation Vets Launch Astro-Nomical Entertainment To Make Indie Toons
- Geoff Stults Jumps Into ‘Granite Mountain’; Martha Kelly Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- Luc Besson Must Pay More For Copying John Carpenter’s ‘Escape From New York’