EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Wonders If Donald Trump Will Be POTUS By Friday After Tuesday's Bonkers Press Conference
Jimmy Fallon Gets Serious In Late-Night Monologue; Delivers Emotional Attack On Trump After Charlottesville
'Deadpool 2' Stunt Crash Victim ID'd As First African-American Female Pro Road Racer; Director & Fox "Deeply Saddened" - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Gravity’ Helmer Alfonso Cuaron Exits WME; Anonymous Content Will Be Primary Rep
- Damien Chazelle Joins Twitter To Voice Opinion About Trump Administration, Political Climate
- Shawn Christian, Lou Ferrigno Jr., Sabina Gadecki & More Cast In Indie Film ‘Trapped’
- L.A. Film Czar Ken Ziffren Says Premium VOD For Studios Still In Limbo
- WGA West: Donald Trump “Disgraces Our Nation”; Howard Rodman Says POTUS “Should Resign”…
- Paramount Lands Blake Lively Spy Thriller ‘The Rhythm Section’ By 007 Producers & IM Global