EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
PGA Awards: 'The Shape Of Water' Wins Outstanding Producer; 'Handmaid's Tale', 'Mrs. Maisel' Tops In TV - Full Winners List
'SNL' Highlights: Stormy Does Update, Robert Mueller Bursts At Seams, Jessica Chastain Hosts Anti-Trump Game Show
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
Latest Film News
- SAG Awards Analysis: ‘Three Billboards’ Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC’s ‘This Is Us’ Shakes…
- SAG Awards Backstage: Allison Janney Calls #MeToo Movement “Watershed Moment” For Hollywood
- SAG Awards: ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ Wins For Film Ensemble – Complete Winners List
- Ashley Judd Seeks Gender Parity At WME & ‘Berlin Station’ – Sundance Film Festival
- Ethan Hawke Talks Sundance Memories, Directing ‘Blaze’ & Outlaw Country
- ‘Dark Money’ Exclusive Clip: Feature Doc Premieres At Sundance Tomorrow