EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest Film News
- Spirit Awards: Casey Affleck Slams “Abhorrent” and “Un-American” Trump Policies – Watch
- Indie Spirit Awards: ‘Moonlight’ Sweeps Day, Takes Best Feature – Full Winners List
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Academy Rescinds Sound Mixing Nomination for Greg P. Russell of ‘13 Hours’
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Syrian Cinematographer For ‘The White Helmets’ Denied Entry Into U.S. To Attend Oscars