EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- George Lopez To Star In ‘Aloha Santa’; Hope Davis Joins ‘Claire’
- ‘Triple 9’ Redband Trailer: Cops, Robbers, Bloodshed, Nudity
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Fonda, Blanchett, Lionel Richie & Oscars For Sale To The Highest Bidder
- Feds Officially Probing Hollywood’s Lack Of Female Directors
- Cannes Hits ‘Son Of Saul’, ‘Ingrid Bergman In Her Own Words’ Score In Gotham: New York Film Festival
- Larry Brezner Dies: Longtime Manager And Producer Was 73