EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
Trending Now on Deadline
Marvel's 'Jessica Jones': Krysten Ritter, Alexandra Daddario, Teresa Palmer, Marin Ireland, Jessica De Gouw Testing For Lead
More From Patten
- 'American Idol' $250M Racism Case Dismissed, Win For Fox
- 'Lost Songs: The Basement Tapes Continued' Review: Dominic Patten On Dylan Homage
- Obama Immigration Speech: CBS, Fox, NBC & ABC Not Airing – Update
- 'Modern Family' Ratings Rise, 'SVU' & 'Chicago PD' Fall From Crossover, 'Stalker' & 'The 100′ Surge, 'Hell's Kitchen' Even
- 'The Missing' Ratings: Starz's Drama Has Steady Premiere Weekend