EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
Universal Brands New Monster Movies As 'Dark Universe'; Bill Condon's 'Bride Of Frankenstein' Up Next In 2019 - Video
Why 'Alien: Covenant' Lost Its Bite At The B.O. With $36.1M Opening, -34% From 'Prometheus' -- Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- Joss Whedon To Wrap Up ‘Justice League’ Movie After Snyder Family Tragedy
- Joey King, Julia Goldani-Telles & More Join ‘Slender Man’ From Director Sylvain White
- Women Lead The Charge Toward A Gender Balance Not Seen In The History Of Entertainment — Deadline Disruptors
- When The Film Academy Invites New Members, Keep An Eye On That Growing Documentary Branch
- The Orchard Lands Cannes Competition Pic ‘BPM’; Samuel Goldwyn Inhales Tribeca’s ‘Holy Air’
- ‘The Originals’ Danielle Campbell Boards 'You Can Choose Your Family'