EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Patten
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit