EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest Film News
- ‘Transformers’ Around $65M In Five-Day Domestic Opening, Lowest In Series – Friday Night Update
- Mad Max In Barstow? Man Channeling The Action Character Arrested For Illegal Weapons
- Bradley Cooper Films ‘A Star Is Born’ Scene At Glastonbury; Johnny Depp Makes Encore Appearance
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Beguiled’ Review: Sofia Coppola’s Female-Driven Civil War Story Ratchets Up The Sexual Tension