EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest Film News
- Pamela Adlon Joins Cast Of ‘Transformers’ Spinoff ‘Bumblebee’
- ‘Justice League’ Trailer: Wonder Woman Saves School Children, But Is Superman Still Alive? – Comic-Con
- Ben Affleck Refutes ‘Batman’ Exit Rumor: “So Thrilled To Do It” – Comic-Con
- ‘Aquaman’ & Jason Momoa Rock In Comic-Con Presentation
- ‘Blade Runner 2049’: New Footage Shown; Harrison Ford Says His Goal Is To Reboot Franchises – Comic-Con
- Steven Spielberg Shows Off First ‘Ready Player One’ Footage At Comic-Con – Watch