EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest Film News
- Paramount Nudges ‘Sherlock Gnomes’ To Later Release Date
- Which Festival Debuts In The South Of France Might Travel All The Way To Oscar? — Cannes
- Emma Booth Cast In Universal’s ‘Extinction’; Andy Buckley Horror Indie ‘All Light Will End’
- XYZ Films Spotlights Undiscovered International Talent — Deadline Disruptors
- The Horse’s Mouth 8: The Importance Of Feeling Important
- ‘Pirates’ Sailing, ‘Baywatch’ Beached — Box Office Friday Matinees