EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest Film News
- Ryan Gosling Orbiting Damien Chazelle’s Neil Armstrong Movie At Universal?
- ‘Knight Of Cups’ Trailer: Christian Bale’s Excellent Misadventure
- ‘Force Awakens’ Star John Boyega Unsure How Fans Will React To New ‘Star Wars’ Pic
- Tom Cruise Unravels ‘Mummy’ Reboot Chatter
- Robert Downey Jr. & Chris Evans To Assemble On ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ For “Big Surprise” Tonight
- ‘JeruZalem’ Trailer: Israeli End Times Horror Pic Gets US Release