EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
White House Reporter Dares To Stream Audio Of White House Press Briefing Live; Republic Still Standing
Latest Film News
- ‘Dunkirk’ Review: Christopher Nolan Makes A Film About War That Hitchcock Would Have Loved
- ‘Death Note’ Director Adam Wingard Considers President Donald Trump A Supervillain – Comic-Con
- In The Tea Leaves Of Summer, Some (Speculative) Outlines Of A Laura Dern Presidency At The Film Academy
- Post-Cannes, Will Smith Continues To Bang Drum For Netflix As Industry Game Changer: ‘Bright’ At Comic-Con
- ‘Bright’ Trailer: Netflix’s Mega Will Smith Sci-Fi Movie Hits Comic-Con
- ‘The Purge’ Sequel Taps ‘Burning Sands’ Director Gerard McMurray