EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest Film News
- Patty Jenkins In Final Negotiations On Historic Deal To Helm ‘Wonder Woman 2’
- Ryan Kavanaugh Sued For Fraud By Relativity Investor
- Eric Zumbrunnen Dies: Spike Jonze’s Go-To Film Editor Was 52
- Michael B. Jordan, Jennifer Yuh Nelson Plot ‘A Bittersweet Life’ For Fox & 21 Laps
- UTA Signs DeWanda Wise, Star Of Spike Lee Series ‘She's Gotta Have It’
- Olivia Colman, Alice Englert, Thomas Mann Set For ‘Them That Follow’