EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Den Of Thieves' & '12 Strong' Draw Close To $1M On Thursday Night, But 'Jumanji' Will Win The Weekend
Latest Film News
- Tastemaking Studio Executive & Producer Allison Shearmur Dies At Age 54
- Makeready Wins Auction For James Frey Novel ‘Katerina’ As Simon & Schuster Imprint Scout Press Wins Pub Rights
- Weinstein Company Pulls ‘War With Grandpa’, ‘The Upside’ & ‘Mary Magdalene’ Off Release…
- Dorothy Malone Dies: Oscar Winner, ‘Peyton Place’ Star Was 92
- VR Has Its Pixar Moment With Adaptation Of Neil Gaiman’s ‘Wolves In The Walls’ As Part Of Sundance Slate
- After ‘I, Tonya,’ 30WEST Skates Into Majority Stake Deal With Distributor NEON