EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Seth Rogen To Play Walter Cronkite In 'Newsflash;' David Gordon Green-Helmed Pic On CBS JFK Assassination Coverage
'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don't Come Easily
Latest Film News
- Film & TV Firms To Breathe Easier: European Parliament Votes Against ‘Country Of Origin’ Proposals
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don’t…
- Who Reps The Black List 2017 Scripts: The Charts
- ‘Darkest Hour’s Gary Oldman Joins Director Joe Wright And Tells Why He Almost Turned Down The Role Of Churchill – The…
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Katherine Langford To Topline YA Film ‘Spontaneous’
- ‘Detective Pikachu’ Gets Summer 2019 Release Date