EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
Latest Film News
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In High-Six-Figure Deal
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Review: Ben Stiller’s Misguided Sequel Is A Fashion Disaster