EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein Talks 'Hateful Eight', Sony Hack, Gut Instincts & Socially Aware Oscar Campaigns At Tribeca
Latest Film News
- ‘Furious 7′ Leads Pack, ‘Mall Cop 2′ Bags $23M+, ‘Unfriended’ in Third
- Deadline Studio @ Tribeca Film Festival Day Three: Jason Sudeikis, Rebecca Hall, Dianna Agron And More
- Harvey Weinstein Talks ‘Hateful Eight’, Sony Hack, Gut Instincts & Socially Aware Oscar Campaigns At Tribeca
- ‘Married’s Kimiko Glenn Joins ‘Nerve'; Kino Lorber Acquires ‘Gueros’
- Sony Attorney David Boies Warns Media After WikiLeaks Hacked E-Mail Rehash
- Deadline Studio @ Tribeca Film Festival Day Two: Olivia Wilde, Dakota Fanning, Theo James And More