EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest Film News
- 'The Meyerowitz Stories' Star Elizabeth Marvel On Leaving Her Comfort Zone For Noah Baumbach – The Contenders Video
- ‘I, Tonya’ Stars Margot Robbie And Allison Janney On Their Knock-Down Mother/Daughter Fights During The Film – The…
- Oscars: A Preview Of Foreign Language Shortlist Possibles From A World Of Cinema
- Fox Studio Lot Likely Staying In The Murdoch Fold Post-Disney Deal
- Warner Bros Settles $1B ‘Conjuring’ Suit; “Mastermind” Producer Unmasked
- ‘Suburbicon’ Costume Designer Jenny Eagan On “Old Schooling” Her Way To Eerie ’50s…