EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Embraces $81M; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- WGA “Broke Off Negotiations,” Producers Claim As Strike Vote Looms
- WGA Negotiators Call For Strike-Authorization Vote – Read The Letter
- WGA Strike Vote Could Be “Very Soon” As Talks Continue
- No. 11 ‘Doctor Strange’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Robert Rodriguez To Direct ‘Escape From New York’