EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Weekend: 'Fury' Wins War With $23M+; 'Book Of Life,' $16.6M to $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M; 'Best Of Me' $10M+
Int'l Box Office Update: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Local Action In France, Mexico; More
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Patten
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Surge, 'America's Next Top Model' Falls, 'Cristela' Steady In Week 2 As ABC Wins Night In Demo Again
- 'Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways' Review: Dominic Patten Laments HBO & Dave Grohl's Bad Note
- 'New Girl' Copyright Suit Dismissed Against Fox, Peter Chernin & WME
- 'Transporter: The Series' Review: Dominic Patten On TNT's High-Octane Adaptation
- 'Dating Naked' $10M “Inadvertent” Nudity Suit Should Be Tossed, Says Viacom