EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Stalls With $65M Overseas Bow; What Clipped The Falcon’s Wings? – International…
- 'The Gospel According To André' Tops Slow Holiday Weekend; 'Pope Francis' Crosses $1M: Specialty Box Office
- Kate Bosworth, Michael Polish Launch Montana Art School; Night Fox To Produce Horror Pic ‘Streetwalkers’…
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became ‘The Tale’, A Movie I Hope Will Change The World…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer