EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Sridevi Kapoor Dies: Bollywood Superstar In Multiple Languages Was 54
- 'Guardians Vol. 2' VFX Supervisor On All-New Rocket The Raccoon & Pic's Spectacular Credits Sequence
- Berlin Film Festival Winners: ‘Touch Me Not’ Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For ‘Isle Of Dogs’…
- ‘The Shape Of Water’s Guillermo Del Toro On The “Biggest Missing Piece” Co-Writer Vanessa Taylor Brought To…
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Sound Teams On The Sonic Dimension To Creature Creation
- ‘Fifty Shades Freed’ Cuffs $300M+ At WW Box Office; Franchise Tops $1.25B