EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
Up To 750K Attend Anti-Trump Protest In Downtown Los Angeles; Huge Crowds Also In NYC, D.C. (UPDATE)
Latest Film News
- SAG-AFTRA Board Approves Proposals for Film and TV Contract Talks
- Uni/Blumhouse’s ‘Split’ Is A Hit With $38M To $39M+; ‘Xander Cage’ Falls Down – Saturday…
- Filmmaker Laura Nix Receives 2017 Sundance/Discover Impact Fellowship
- Al Gore Warns Donald Trump Climate Change Movement Is “Unstoppable” – Sundance Studio
- Sundance: Women’s March Exceeded Expectations, Park City Officials Say
- Route One Ups Sophia Dilley To VP Production & Development