EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Patten
- 'Criminal Minds' Star Sued By Ex-Manager Over Commissions
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'America's Got Talent' & 'Extreme Weight Loss' Down, 'Food Fighters' Rises As NBC Wins Night
- UPDATE: Al Gore's “Celebrity Lawyer” Trying To Grab Headlines With Lawsuit Says Al Jazeera
- AMC Renews 'Halt And Catch Fire' For A Second Season
- FX's 'Partners' Hits New Low, Back Order Unlikely