EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Patten
- Gov. Brown Likely To Sign Film & TV Tax Credit Expansion This Week
- FX's 'Sons Of Anarchy' Final Season Premiere Soars In Live+3 Ratings
- RATINGS RAT RACE UPDATE: NBC's 'Sunday Night Football' Down, 'Miss America' & 'American Dad' Fall
- SPOILER: 'Hell On Wheels' Star, Showrunner Detail Character's Surprise Exit
- Democrats Desperate For Hollywood Cash? Obama Back In LA For Gwyneth Paltrow Hosted Fundraiser