EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Lewis is in negotiations to join August: Osage County. The actress would play the role of Karen, the self-deluding youngest daughter, in the dark family comedy being financed and distributed by The Weinstein Company. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts have already been cast in the film. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County tells the tale of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma clan and the family crisis that brings them back together. John Wells is directing; Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. Claire Rudnick Polstein is executive producing. The movie is scheduled to start filming in September. Lewis is repped by Buchwald/Fortitude and managed by Untitled Entertainment.
Juliette Lewis In Talks For 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
How Paramount's 'Ghost In The Shell' Hacked 'Mr. Robot's Season 2 Finale & Took Social Media By Storm
Latest Film News
- Sarah Carter Scores High In ‘Business Ethics’ As Comedy Rounds Out Cast
- Orion Pictures And Gunpowder & Sky Nab Robert Schwartzman Pic ‘Dreamland’
- New Regency Production President Pam Abdy Exiting
- Viacom’s New Directors Will Lead Committee Weighing CBS Deal
- ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’ Invades New York Comic-Con
- ‘Star Trek’ Alums To Fans: Keep White House Donald Trump-Free With Vote For Hillary Clinton