The comic is unpersuaded by Viacom‘s consumer call to arms in the contract dispute with DirecTV that left its 20M customers without the media giant’s 17 channels. “None of this is indispensable,” Stewart said on his show last night. He chides Viacom for urging subscribers to demand the channels “like it’s a basic cable Arab Spring.” As for Viacom’s decision to remove many of its TV videos from the Web (obviously not this one), he asks: “What are you? China?”
Jon Stewart On Viacom-DirecTV Spat: “None Of This Matters”
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Does Alibaba Plan To Take Control Of Lionsgate?
- FCC Postpones Auction Of Broadcast TV Spectrum To 2016
- When Will Big Hollywood Studios Aggressively Produce Original Shows For Digital TV?
- AMC Networks And BBC Chiefs On The Future Of BBC America
- AMC Networks Pays $200M For 49.9% Of BBC America
- Amazon Shares Fall After Q3 Losses Exceed Expectations