EXCLUSIVE: Before he gets started directing the movie transfer of the Broadway hit musical Jersey Boys, Jon Favreau has joined the cast of the Martin Scorsese-directed The Wolf of Wall Street. He plays a securities lawyer in the drama that stars Leonardo DiCaprio. Favreau also reprises his role as Happy Hogan in Iron Man 3, the first film in the series he didn’t direct. He is executive producing the film. Favreau joined Robert Downey Jr, Don Cheadle, Kevin Feige and Iron Man 3 helmer Shane Black for Marvel’s Comic-Con panel and Favreau was welcomed like an old friend. He’s got a strong rapport with the Comic-Con set, and the big question is whether he can get them into the music of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons as he gears up for that next directing gig. Favreau also stars with Jason Bateman and Melissa McCarthy in Identity Theft. He is represented by CAA.
Jon Favreau Joins 'The Wolf Of Wall Street'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cecily Strong Struggles To Follow Obama And Anger Translator Luther At White House Correspondents Dinner
'Furious 7' Hits $320.5M, 'Adaline' Lures Ladies: The Calm Before 'Age Of Ultron' Conquers - Final Sunday B.O. Update
Latest Film News
- Anne Hathaway, Julie Taymor Spin Bleak Magic In Searing Drone Drama ‘Grounded’
- ‘Cinderella’ Scores In Japan; ‘Home’ Lands In China: More International Box Office
- How ‘Ex Machina’ Seduced Crowds And Is Poised To Be Summer’s Sleeper Hit
- ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Opens To Mighty $201.2M Overseas; Sets IMAX Record
- “Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck’ Rocks Specialty Box Office
- No Sunday Column