EXCLUSIVE: Before he gets started directing the movie transfer of the Broadway hit musical Jersey Boys, Jon Favreau has joined the cast of the Martin Scorsese-directed The Wolf of Wall Street. He plays a securities lawyer in the drama that stars Leonardo DiCaprio. Favreau also reprises his role as Happy Hogan in Iron Man 3, the first film in the series he didn’t direct. He is executive producing the film. Favreau joined Robert Downey Jr, Don Cheadle, Kevin Feige and Iron Man 3 helmer Shane Black for Marvel’s Comic-Con panel and Favreau was welcomed like an old friend. He’s got a strong rapport with the Comic-Con set, and the big question is whether he can get them into the music of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons as he gears up for that next directing gig. Favreau also stars with Jason Bateman and Melissa McCarthy in Identity Theft. He is represented by CAA.
Jon Favreau Joins 'The Wolf Of Wall Street'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
'Hamilton' & 'Shuffle Along' Lead Historic Tony Nominations Derby As 'American Psycho', 'Tuck Everlasting' Disappoint
Latest Film News
- Seville Racks Up Big Sales On Xavier Dolan’s ‘It’s Only The End Of The World’ – Cannes
- ‘Hamilton’ & ‘Shuffle Along’ Lead Historic Tony Nominations Derby As ‘American Psycho’, ‘Tuck Everlasting…
- Watch: Tony Awards Nominations Live Stream
- Sean Bean & Mark Stanley In Talks For Clio Barnard’s ‘Dark River’ Opposite Ruth Wilson – Cannes
- Cannes Adds Weinstein Co’s ‘Hands Of Stone’ With Tribute To Robert De Niro
- British Columbia Lowers Film & TV Tax Credit