EXCLUSIVE: Before he gets started directing the movie transfer of the Broadway hit musical Jersey Boys, Jon Favreau has joined the cast of the Martin Scorsese-directed The Wolf of Wall Street. He plays a securities lawyer in the drama that stars Leonardo DiCaprio. Favreau also reprises his role as Happy Hogan in Iron Man 3, the first film in the series he didn’t direct. He is executive producing the film. Favreau joined Robert Downey Jr, Don Cheadle, Kevin Feige and Iron Man 3 helmer Shane Black for Marvel’s Comic-Con panel and Favreau was welcomed like an old friend. He’s got a strong rapport with the Comic-Con set, and the big question is whether he can get them into the music of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons as he gears up for that next directing gig. Favreau also stars with Jason Bateman and Melissa McCarthy in Identity Theft. He is represented by CAA.
Jon Favreau Joins 'The Wolf Of Wall Street'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Germany Picks Cannes Standout ‘Toni Erdmann’ As Foreign Language Entry
- Hollywood Rallies In Support Of Leslie Jones Following Hack
- Andrea Jaffe Dies: Former PR Powerhouse And Studio Exec Was 66
- Jeanne Martin Dies: Model & Second Wife Of Dean Martin Was 89
- FilmRise Acquires Domestic On ‘From Nowhere’; Freestyle Digital Celebrates ‘Dependent’s Day’
- IM Global China Launches New Venture, Go Global