EXCLUSIVE: Jennifer Lopez is developing an hour-long drama for ABC Family. The so far untitled series is about a lesbian couple who suddenly have their already child heavy household turned upside down when a wayward teenage girl moves in. One of the mothers is a cop, the other is a private school teacher. They have one biological son and adopted teen twins, one a boy, the other a girl. The American idol judge is said to be planning to guest star in the show. Lopez will executive produce the series, which the network is fast tracking, with Simon Fields, her partner at Nuyorican Productions. Peter Paige and Brad Bredeweg, the creators and writers of the show, will also executive produce. Greg Gugliotta, who has worked with ABC Family before on movies like 2003’s Beautiful Girl, is also on board as an executive producer on the show. Executive Mina Lefevre is shepherding the show at ABC Family. Lopez is repped by UTA and managed by Benny Medina.
Jennifer Lopez Developing New ABC Family Series
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Review: Elisabeth Moss-Led Adaptation Is Gripping, Chilling
- ‘Prison Break’ Revival Kills Off Major Character
- Stephen Colbert Likens Sean Spicer’s Press Briefings To Soap Opera ‘The Bold And The Babbling’
- Mark Consuelos Joins ‘Riverdale’ For Season 2; ‘Suits’ Casts Dulé Hill
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Fox News Strike Back At “Copycat” Racial Discrimination Suits From Staff – Update