James Holmes, the alleged gunman in the horrific Aurora, Colo, movie theater shootings July 20 during a midnight premeire of The Dark Knight Rises, was just charged with 24 counts of murder in the deaths of 12 people. The charges include one count of murder and one count of murder in extreme indifference for each victim, according to NBC. Holmes was charged with 116 counts of attempted murder in the proceedings today in Centennial, Colo. A total of 58 moviegoers were also injured during the rampage at the Cinemark-owned Century Aurora 16 theater.
James Holmes Charged In Colorado Shooting
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Updated To “Stable” After Being Rushed To Hospital
- Academy Unveils 2014 Governors Awards: Harry Belafonte, Jean-Claude Carrière, Hayao Miyazaki, Maureen O'Hara