James Holmes, the alleged gunman in the horrific Aurora, Colo, movie theater shootings July 20 during a midnight premeire of The Dark Knight Rises, was just charged with 24 counts of murder in the deaths of 12 people. The charges include one count of murder and one count of murder in extreme indifference for each victim, according to NBC. Holmes was charged with 116 counts of attempted murder in the proceedings today in Centennial, Colo. A total of 58 moviegoers were also injured during the rampage at the Cinemark-owned Century Aurora 16 theater.
James Holmes Charged In Colorado Shooting
What's Hot on Deadline
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings