James Holmes, the alleged gunman in the horrific Aurora, Colo, movie theater shootings July 20 during a midnight premeire of The Dark Knight Rises, was just charged with 24 counts of murder in the deaths of 12 people. The charges include one count of murder and one count of murder in extreme indifference for each victim, according to NBC. Holmes was charged with 116 counts of attempted murder in the proceedings today in Centennial, Colo. A total of 58 moviegoers were also injured during the rampage at the Cinemark-owned Century Aurora 16 theater.
James Holmes Charged In Colorado Shooting
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Says Yes To No. 1, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, 'St. Vincent,' 'Birdman' Expansion Results - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- New York Television Festival Announces 2014 Winners
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC