Jake Kasdan will serve as exec producer on both New Girl and the new comedy Ben And Kate, as well as develop additional projects under the exclusive two-year overall deal announced today. He’ll also be available to direct pilots he did not personally develop, 20th Century Fox TV chairman Gary Newman said. Kasdan directed the New Girl pilot and went on to direct multiple episodes. He also served as exec producer on the series and will continue in both capacities under his new deal. Kasdan also directed the pilot for Ben And Kate, which was ordered to series by Fox and premieres September 25. “Jake is an incredibly good partner to the creators; he helps realize their vision and is sensitive and fantastic with actors”, Newman said. On the big screen, Kasdan served as producer, director and writer of Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (2007), as a producer on Friends With Kids (2011) and directed last year’s Bad Teacher.
Jake Kasdan Signs Two-Year Overall Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins