Jake Kasdan will serve as exec producer on both New Girl and the new comedy Ben And Kate, as well as develop additional projects under the exclusive two-year overall deal announced today. He’ll also be available to direct pilots he did not personally develop, 20th Century Fox TV chairman Gary Newman said. Kasdan directed the New Girl pilot and went on to direct multiple episodes. He also served as exec producer on the series and will continue in both capacities under his new deal. Kasdan also directed the pilot for Ben And Kate, which was ordered to series by Fox and premieres September 25. “Jake is an incredibly good partner to the creators; he helps realize their vision and is sensitive and fantastic with actors”, Newman said. On the big screen, Kasdan served as producer, director and writer of Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (2007), as a producer on Friends With Kids (2011) and directed last year’s Bad Teacher.
Jake Kasdan Signs Two-Year Overall Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
'Revenant', 'Martian' Land New Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda 3' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- Barack Obama Wins Soft Bowl With CBS’ Gayle King In Super Bowl Interview
- ABC’s GOP Debate Wins Saturday, Draws 13.2 Million Viewers
- Ray Colcord Dies: Emmy-Nominated Television Composer Was 66
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Solid With Host Larry David
- Three Best GOP Debate Moments – From Ben Carson’s Kickoff Fumble To Candidate Contretemps
- Video – Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson Zoolander-ize Hillary, Bernie & Donald On ‘SNL’