Here’s a first look at Tom Cruise taking on the hulking main character in the Lee Child novels for Paramount‘s Jack Reacher. It will be interesting to see the fan reaction to finally seeing Cruise as the ex-military policeman-turned-benevolent drifter who always finding himself smack in a situation where a helpless person needs someone who can put the clues together and kick butt when necessary. Some have questioned casting Cruise as a 6-foot-5, 250-pound bad ass. The movie, from Paramount and Skydance Productions, opens December 21.
Hot Trailer: 'Jack Reacher'
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest Film News
- Ava DuVerney’s ARRAY Snags L.A. Film Fest Debuting ‘The House On Coco Road’
- Chloe Zhao’s ‘The Rider’ Lassos Top Directors’ Fortnight Prize – Cannes
- Croisette Queen Nicole Kidman On Coming To The Fest With Four Films & The Runaway Success Of ‘Big Little Lies…
- Brexit Raises Specter Of Disruption In Entertainment — Deadline Disruptors
- ‘The Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Trailer: Ryan Reynolds Has Samuel L. Jackson’s Back, Reluctantly
- Manchester Attack Updates: Netflix Cancels London Screenings; Kiss & WWE Cancel Manchester Arena Gigs