IATSE‘s general executive committee unanimously voted Local 478 President Phil Locicero to take over Friday, July 27 as International VP and Co-Director of Stagecraft after Brian J. Lawlor announced his resignation Thursday afternoon at the union’s general executive meeting in Vancouver, B.C. Locicero has been an IA member since 1989 and served as president of Local 478 since 1994. Lawlor, who was elected to the union’s executive board in the winter of 2004, has been a full time rep of the IA since 2000. Lawlor will remain in the general office thru the end of August 2012, then move back to his hometown of Orlando, Florida. He will continue working as a representative at the direction of International President Matt Loeb and reporting to the Stagecraft Department. Lawlor said he has been contemplating this move for over a year. Loeb praised Locicero’s “steadfast support of the members, be it on picket lines, in negotiations and in numerous other ways. Phil is a leader and a welcome addition to the GEB.” International VPs Dan DiTolla and Tony DePaulo remain co-directors of the Stagecraft Department.
Phil Locicero Named IATSE VP After Brian Lawlor Resigns
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office: 'If I Stay' Best Of Lifeless Bunch As 'Sin City 2' Tanks, 'Game' Tries To Find Footing And 'Guardians' No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company