The distinction goes to Keshet Broadcasting’s Prisoners Of War (Hatufim), which was written and directed by Gideon Raff and became the country’s highest-rated TV drama. The story line will be familiar to fans of Showtime’s Homeland— it was based on the Israeli series. It’s about two soldiers trying to reintegrate with society, and reconnect with their families, after 17 years in an enemy prison. A military psychologist becomes suspicious when it turns out that their accounts of their captivity don’t match. Secret service agents launch an investigation to determine who they really are and what they’re hiding. The 10-part series stars Yael Abecassis, Mili Avital, Yoram Tolledano, Assi Cohen and Ishai Golan. It premieres on Hulu and Hulu Plus this Saturday, July 14.
Israeli Drama To Become Hulu's First Foreign-Language Exclusive Series In U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Fox “Cheated” ‘Bones’ Stars Out Of More Than $100M, New Profit-Participation Suit Claims
- Sofia Vergara’s LatinWE Taps Melissa Gelineau As VP Television & Development
- Sherri Shepherd Joins ‘Rosewood’ Cast
- Broadway B.O. Loves Turkey … And A Great Parade As B.O. Leaps 26%
- Vine Star Logan Paul Signs With CAA