The online streaming service forged a partnership with BBC Worldwide Americas to co-produce the fourth season of The Thick Of It, a UK political sitcom. It was created by writer Armando Iannucci, who also wrote HBO’s Veep and the film In The Loop. Starting July 29, Hulu and Hulu Plus will have exclusive U.S. rights to all episodes of the first three seasons. Then, this fall, the Hulu services will show new episodes from the fourth season the same day they air on the BBC in the UK. BBC America will run the series early next year. The Thick Of It is “ideal for Hulu’s audience which enjoys cutting-edge comedy television,” says BBC Worldwide Americas EVP Sales & Co-Productions Matt Forde. The often profane series is shot with hand-held cameras and takes viewers “into a world of political embarrassment, backroom deals, policy U-turns, spin-doctoring, political backstabbing and wild media speculation,” the companies say. It features Peter Capaldi, Chris Addison, James Smith, and Joanna Scanlan.
Hulu Teams With BBC For First International Co-Production
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ABC Nabs Family Comedy Starring Rev Run & Justine Simmons With Big Commitment
- ‘Penn & Teller: Fool Us’, ‘Whose Line Is It Anyway?’ & ‘Masters Of Illusion’ Renewed For Summer On…
- Viacom Labs Sets First Livestream-To-TV Series For 2017
- ‘Weaveworld’: Josh Stolberg To Write New CW Adaptation Of Clive Barker’s Book
- Thomas Haden Church Signs With CAA
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Adds Valarie Pettiford, Ashton Holmes & Chiké Okonkwo