The online streaming service forged a partnership with BBC Worldwide Americas to co-produce the fourth season of The Thick Of It, a UK political sitcom. It was created by writer Armando Iannucci, who also wrote HBO’s Veep and the film In The Loop. Starting July 29, Hulu and Hulu Plus will have exclusive U.S. rights to all episodes of the first three seasons. Then, this fall, the Hulu services will show new episodes from the fourth season the same day they air on the BBC in the UK. BBC America will run the series early next year. The Thick Of It is “ideal for Hulu’s audience which enjoys cutting-edge comedy television,” says BBC Worldwide Americas EVP Sales & Co-Productions Matt Forde. The often profane series is shot with hand-held cameras and takes viewers “into a world of political embarrassment, backroom deals, policy U-turns, spin-doctoring, political backstabbing and wild media speculation,” the companies say. It features Peter Capaldi, Chris Addison, James Smith, and Joanna Scanlan.
Hulu Teams With BBC For First International Co-Production
What's Hot on Deadline
Roman Polanski On Netflix Impact On Moviegoing: "I Don't Think It's A Basic Threat For Cinema" - Cannes
Latest TV News
- Zbigniew Brzezinski Dies: Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser & MSNBC Host Mika Brzezinski’s Father…
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?