The toy company provides little commentary in its Q2 earnings report this morning, including on its progress with kids channel The Hub (which it co-owns with Discovery) or movie licensing efforts. Hasbro delivered net earnings of $43.4M, -25.2% vs the same period last year, on revenues of $811.5M, -10.7%.The revenue figure fell short of the $830.1M that analysts expected. But earnings at 33 cents a share were well ahead of the forecasts for 23 cents. Last year’s Q2 was helped by sales of toys tied to Paramount’s Transformers: Dark Of The Moon. Without that boost, sales to boys — the biggest product category — dropped 16% to $389.1M. Still, revenues at the Entertainment and Licensing operation which includes The Hub were up 59% to $43.2M with an operating profit of $8.2M, up from $0.6M. Hasbro’s television programming efforts are “creating demand for our toys and games in global markets,” CEO Brian Goldner says. The company urged investors to look ahead to its plans to sell games in the holiday season.
Hasbro Q2 Earnings Down But With Strong Growth In Entertainment
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Latest Film News
- James L. Brooks To Receive WGA West’s Laurel Award For Screenwriting
- Saudi Arabia: ‘The Emoji Movie’ & ‘Captain Underpants’ Are First Films To Screen
- Gigi Pritzker & Clint Kisker’s MWM Invests In Ben Proudfoot’s Breakwater Studios
- Deadline’s New Hollywood Podcast: ‘The Greatest Showman’ Breakout Keala Settle Finds Inspiration In Anthemic ‘This Is Me…
- HBO Documentary Films Acquires ‘The Price Of Everything’ Ahead Of Sundance Premiere
- ‘On Her Shoulders’ Teaser: Alexandria Bombach’s Sundance Docu Reveals Price Of Becoming Voice Of A People