The Oscar-winning composer says on his Facebook page that that he recorded the 8:26 minute elegiacal tone poem, titled Aurora, “as a heartfelt tribute to the victims and their families.” He’s offering it on Apple’s iTunes store for $1.29, and on Moontoast for as little as 10 cents. All of the proceeds will go to Aurora Victim Relief organizations, Zimmer says. He won his Oscar for writing the score to Disney’s The Lion King. Zimmer’s other film work includes Gladiator, The Dark Knight, Inception, Black Hawk Down, The Simpsons Movie, and several Pirates Of The Caribbean movies.
'Dark Knight Rises' Composer Hans Zimmer Records Song For Aurora Victims
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Citing “Insulting” Criticism, Comcast And Time Warner Cable Withdraw Funding For Dinner Honoring FCC Commissioner
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content