The Oscar-winning composer says on his Facebook page that that he recorded the 8:26 minute elegiacal tone poem, titled Aurora, “as a heartfelt tribute to the victims and their families.” He’s offering it on Apple’s iTunes store for $1.29, and on Moontoast for as little as 10 cents. All of the proceeds will go to Aurora Victim Relief organizations, Zimmer says. He won his Oscar for writing the score to Disney’s The Lion King. Zimmer’s other film work includes Gladiator, The Dark Knight, Inception, Black Hawk Down, The Simpsons Movie, and several Pirates Of The Caribbean movies.
'Dark Knight Rises' Composer Hans Zimmer Records Song For Aurora Victims
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
Latest Film News
- Sony’s Pictures Division Reports Loss Of $719M; Company’s Overall Net Profit Takes 50% Hit
- ‘Firestarter’: Stephen King Classic Reignites With Universal, Blumhouse & Akiva Goldsman Directing
- Tribeca Film Festival Winners: ‘Keep The Change’, ‘Bobbi Jene’ Tops
- Broad Green Pictures Hires Four Execs In Marketing & Legal Departments
- ‘Little Prince’s Mark Osborne & Scribe Adam Kline Link With Fox Animation For Two New Projects
- ‘3 Generations’: Weinstein Co. & MPAA Agree On PG-13 Rating, With GLAAD’s Backing & Some Cuts