Google has disclosed details of a planned 1 gigabit per second Internet service in the Kansas City area to go with an IPTV service with 161 channels, Multichannel.com reports. Google plans to charge $70 a month for the standalone fiber-optic delivered Internet connection or $120 per month for TV plus 1-Gig service with a two-year contract. Users also have the option to get 5 Mbps downstream Internet access for no monthly charge for at least seven years — if they pay a one-time $300 “construction fee” or pay $25 per month for 12 months. The initial channel lineup listing however does not appear to include HBO, Disney Channel, ESPN, Fox News Channel, TNT, TBS and AMC. Google Fiber isn’t actually available yet and initial hookups will require that 10% of a neighborhood’s households will need to sign up to be in the first wave of customers. The Internet service will have no caps and no overage charges and will provide 1 Gbps both downstream and upstream. The Google Fiber TV service includes a 2-Terabyte DVR and the ability to record up to eight shows at once. The TV service also will be available on Android and iOS devices, and will include a voice-enabled search function. Google also will throw in an Android tablet for use as a remote.
Google Outlines 1Gig Internet, TV Service Planned For Kansas City
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Leah Remini Hints Scientology Behind Paul Haggis Claims; Church Slams "Reprehensible Smokescreen" - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘On Her Shoulders’: Alexandria Bombach’s Sundance Docu Reveals Price Of Becoming Voice Of A People
- USC Scripter Awards Nominations: Ties Make For Loaded Flim & TV Field
- '70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
- Trevor Jackson & Jason Mitchell To Star In Sony’s ‘Superfly’ Remake From Director X; Future, Steven R. Shore To…
- Saudi Arabia Fund Eyeing Endeavor Stake; May Invest $500M+ In WME Parent
- VES Awards Nominations: ‘Blade Runner 2049’ & Latest ‘Apes’ Lead Film; ‘Thrones’ Rules All With 11…