EXCLUSIVE: Good Universe, the full-service movie financing, production and sales company launched by Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane just ahead of this year’s Cannes Film Festival, has promoted a trio of execs. Audrey Chon has been upped to VP Production, where she will continue to oversee the development of the Spike Lee remake of Oldboy, which is set to kick off production in the fall with Josh Brolin, Elizabeth Olsen and Sharlto Copley starring. Meryl Emmerton has been promoted to VP Physical Production; she was director of physical production previously, the same title she held at Good Universe predecessor Mandate Pictures. She is working on Oldboy and Last Vegas, the buddy comedy the company is making with partner CBS Films that stars Michael Douglas, Robert De Niro, Morgan Freeman and the just-added Kevin Kline. Also promoted is onetime Mandate controllor Jeremy Needelman to VP Strategy, Finance and Accounting.
Good Universe Continues Ramp-Up With Promotions
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video