EXCLUSIVE: Good Universe, the full-service movie financing, production and sales company launched by Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane just ahead of this year’s Cannes Film Festival, has promoted a trio of execs. Audrey Chon has been upped to VP Production, where she will continue to oversee the development of the Spike Lee remake of Oldboy, which is set to kick off production in the fall with Josh Brolin, Elizabeth Olsen and Sharlto Copley starring. Meryl Emmerton has been promoted to VP Physical Production; she was director of physical production previously, the same title she held at Good Universe predecessor Mandate Pictures. She is working on Oldboy and Last Vegas, the buddy comedy the company is making with partner CBS Films that stars Michael Douglas, Robert De Niro, Morgan Freeman and the just-added Kevin Kline. Also promoted is onetime Mandate controllor Jeremy Needelman to VP Strategy, Finance and Accounting.
Good Universe Continues Ramp-Up With Promotions
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE