EXCLUSIVE: Good Universe, the full-service movie financing, production and sales company launched by Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane just ahead of this year’s Cannes Film Festival, has promoted a trio of execs. Audrey Chon has been upped to VP Production, where she will continue to oversee the development of the Spike Lee remake of Oldboy, which is set to kick off production in the fall with Josh Brolin, Elizabeth Olsen and Sharlto Copley starring. Meryl Emmerton has been promoted to VP Physical Production; she was director of physical production previously, the same title she held at Good Universe predecessor Mandate Pictures. She is working on Oldboy and Last Vegas, the buddy comedy the company is making with partner CBS Films that stars Michael Douglas, Robert De Niro, Morgan Freeman and the just-added Kevin Kline. Also promoted is onetime Mandate controllor Jeremy Needelman to VP Strategy, Finance and Accounting.
Good Universe Continues Ramp-Up With Promotions
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Team
- R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta, Dead At 82
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016