EXCLUSIVE: Good Universe, the full-service movie financing, production and sales company launched by Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane just ahead of this year’s Cannes Film Festival, has promoted a trio of execs. Audrey Chon has been upped to VP Production, where she will continue to oversee the development of the Spike Lee remake of Oldboy, which is set to kick off production in the fall with Josh Brolin, Elizabeth Olsen and Sharlto Copley starring. Meryl Emmerton has been promoted to VP Physical Production; she was director of physical production previously, the same title she held at Good Universe predecessor Mandate Pictures. She is working on Oldboy and Last Vegas, the buddy comedy the company is making with partner CBS Films that stars Michael Douglas, Robert De Niro, Morgan Freeman and the just-added Kevin Kline. Also promoted is onetime Mandate controllor Jeremy Needelman to VP Strategy, Finance and Accounting.
Good Universe Continues Ramp-Up With Promotions
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Nickelodeon Partners With NFL, MLS & NASCAR For NickSports
- Russell Crowe-Ryan Gosling Pic 'The Nice Guys' Gets Summer 2016 Release Date
- 'The Walking Dead' Unveils Season 5 Key Art
- Toronto Roundup: 'Sunshine Superman', 'Match' & 'The Daughter' Sales Deals, More
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers “Making Small…Positive Steps” As She's Brought Out Of Medically Induced Coma
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'