The London Olympics could not come soon enough for embattled NBC morning show Today. Rival Good Morning America tied Today in adults 25-54 (1.737 million) for the week of July 16 and logged its fourth consecutive weekly win in total viewers (4.598 million vs. 4.245 million for Today) to post its first No. 1 weekly finish in both measures for the first time in nearly 17 years — since the week of September 11, 1995. GMA‘s winning margin in total viewers was the largest in more than 17 years, since the week of May 15, 1995, as ABC’s morning program outdrew Today in total viewers every day Monday-Friday for a second consecutive week. CBS This Morning was far behind with 2.341 million total viewers and 877,000 adults 25-54.
'GMA' Finishes No. 1 In Total Viewers & Adults 25-54 For First Time In 17 Years
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks