For the record, it’s a very sympathetic way to exit. Because here’s how Good Morning America anchor Robin Roberts told viewers that her medical problems were taking their toll a little early. “Well, a full disclosure here, I’m not feeling too well,” Roberts said at 8:08 a.m. EDT. “In fact, I’m going to leave, and let you all do the rest of the program on your own. I’m going to take a little time off, just to get some vacay. I’ll see you in a couple of weeks.” Roberts was diagnosed last month with the bone marrow disease MDS, previously known as preleukemia. This morning, she appeared upbeat, joking with colleague Josh Elliott and even making fun of herself for having trouble pronouncing a word. “I can’t talk on this side of my mouth”, she said. Roberts was suffering from a sore jaw as a result of her treatment. “We’re going to miss you, but we do appreciate the Jimmy Cagney impersonation before you leave,” Elliott joked.
Why GMA Host Robin Roberts Left Mid-Show
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest TV News
- Doug Jones Victory Lap: “This Campaign Has Been About Common Courtesy And Decency”
- Roy Moore Will Not Concede In Alabama Senate Race After Doug Jones Win
- Donald Trump Tweets Grudging Congrats To Doug Jones: “A Win Is A Win”
- Doug Jones Alabama Senate Victory Wildly Celebrated On Social Media
- Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominations: How To Watch Via TV, Online
- Alabama Votes Dem Doug Jones To U.S. Senate In Stunning Upset