For the record, it’s a very sympathetic way to exit. Because here’s how Good Morning America anchor Robin Roberts told viewers that her medical problems were taking their toll a little early. “Well, a full disclosure here, I’m not feeling too well,” Roberts said at 8:08 a.m. EDT. “In fact, I’m going to leave, and let you all do the rest of the program on your own. I’m going to take a little time off, just to get some vacay. I’ll see you in a couple of weeks.” Roberts was diagnosed last month with the bone marrow disease MDS, previously known as preleukemia. This morning, she appeared upbeat, joking with colleague Josh Elliott and even making fun of herself for having trouble pronouncing a word. “I can’t talk on this side of my mouth”, she said. Roberts was suffering from a sore jaw as a result of her treatment. “We’re going to miss you, but we do appreciate the Jimmy Cagney impersonation before you leave,” Elliott joked.
Why GMA Host Robin Roberts Left Mid-Show
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake