For the record, it’s a very sympathetic way to exit. Because here’s how Good Morning America anchor Robin Roberts told viewers that her medical problems were taking their toll a little early. “Well, a full disclosure here, I’m not feeling too well,” Roberts said at 8:08 a.m. EDT. “In fact, I’m going to leave, and let you all do the rest of the program on your own. I’m going to take a little time off, just to get some vacay. I’ll see you in a couple of weeks.” Roberts was diagnosed last month with the bone marrow disease MDS, previously known as preleukemia. This morning, she appeared upbeat, joking with colleague Josh Elliott and even making fun of herself for having trouble pronouncing a word. “I can’t talk on this side of my mouth”, she said. Roberts was suffering from a sore jaw as a result of her treatment. “We’re going to miss you, but we do appreciate the Jimmy Cagney impersonation before you leave,” Elliott joked.
Why GMA Host Robin Roberts Left Mid-Show
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal - Turning Tragedy Into Legacy
More From Team
- UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
- Discovery Spikes 'Sons Of Guns' After “Serious And Horrific” New Charges Against Star
- NBC Ups Jenny Groom To SVP Alternative Programming & Development
- Now On Its Own, Millennium Entertainment Acquires David Burris' Thriller 'The World Made Straight'
- Former Discovery Exec Andrew Jackson Joins Grant Mansfield's Plimsoll Productions
- 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Crosses $500M In Global B.O.