For the record, it’s a very sympathetic way to exit. Because here’s how Good Morning America anchor Robin Roberts told viewers that her medical problems were taking their toll a little early. “Well, a full disclosure here, I’m not feeling too well,” Roberts said at 8:08 a.m. EDT. “In fact, I’m going to leave, and let you all do the rest of the program on your own. I’m going to take a little time off, just to get some vacay. I’ll see you in a couple of weeks.” Roberts was diagnosed last month with the bone marrow disease MDS, previously known as preleukemia. This morning, she appeared upbeat, joking with colleague Josh Elliott and even making fun of herself for having trouble pronouncing a word. “I can’t talk on this side of my mouth”, she said. Roberts was suffering from a sore jaw as a result of her treatment. “We’re going to miss you, but we do appreciate the Jimmy Cagney impersonation before you leave,” Elliott joked.
Why GMA Host Robin Roberts Left Mid-Show
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring