The newly titled Playing For Keeps (formerly Playing The Field) remains set for a December 7 wide release from FilmDistrict, which acquired the title at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival. The Nu Image/Millennium Films comedy stars Gerard Butler as a retired soccer pro who, burnt out on his playboy lifestyle and bankrupt, moves back to Virginia to reconnect with his estranged ex-wife (Jessica Biel) and son (Noah Lomax). He starts to coach the boys’ soccer team but is tested by the sexy soccer moms and desperate housewives he must deal with. Judy Greer, Dennis Quaid, Uma Thurman and Catherine Zeta-Jones also star. Gabriele Muccino directed the Robbie Fox screenplay.
FilmDistrict Renames Gerard Butler Soccer Comedy 'Playing For Keeps'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Rises To $93M In China – International Box Office
- ‘Transformers’ Still Rusty At $63M+; ‘Wonder Woman’ Soars Past $300M – Saturday AM Update
- Mad Max In Barstow? Man Channeling The Action Character Arrested For Illegal Weapons
- Bradley Cooper Films ‘A Star Is Born’ Scene At Glastonbury; Johnny Depp Makes Encore Appearance
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Beguiled’ Review: Sofia Coppola’s Female-Driven Civil War Story Ratchets Up The Sexual Tension