The newly titled Playing For Keeps (formerly Playing The Field) remains set for a December 7 wide release from FilmDistrict, which acquired the title at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival. The Nu Image/Millennium Films comedy stars Gerard Butler as a retired soccer pro who, burnt out on his playboy lifestyle and bankrupt, moves back to Virginia to reconnect with his estranged ex-wife (Jessica Biel) and son (Noah Lomax). He starts to coach the boys’ soccer team but is tested by the sexy soccer moms and desperate housewives he must deal with. Judy Greer, Dennis Quaid, Uma Thurman and Catherine Zeta-Jones also star. Gabriele Muccino directed the Robbie Fox screenplay.
FilmDistrict Renames Gerard Butler Soccer Comedy 'Playing For Keeps'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Designated Survivor' & 'Lethal Weapon' Post Modest Week 2 Ratings Dips, 'Criminal Minds' & 'Code Black' Return
'Pawn Stars' Regular Austin 'Chumlee' Russell Will Plead Guilty To Drug Charge, Avoid Jail Time - Update
Latest Film News
- Viacom Hits Debt Market With $1.3B Offering
- Peter Bart: ‘French Connection’ Anniversary Reminds Industry Of ’70s Devil-May-Care Filmmaking Approach
- Elisabeth Shue Joins Eli Roth’s ‘Death Wish’
- NYC Film Office Launches Effort To Boost Women Filmmakers
- Jill Kelley & The Scandal That Toppled CIA Chief David Petraeus In TV Series Talks
- Nicholl Fellowship Screenwriter Winners Unveiled