The newly titled Playing For Keeps (formerly Playing The Field) remains set for a December 7 wide release from FilmDistrict, which acquired the title at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival. The Nu Image/Millennium Films comedy stars Gerard Butler as a retired soccer pro who, burnt out on his playboy lifestyle and bankrupt, moves back to Virginia to reconnect with his estranged ex-wife (Jessica Biel) and son (Noah Lomax). He starts to coach the boys’ soccer team but is tested by the sexy soccer moms and desperate housewives he must deal with. Judy Greer, Dennis Quaid, Uma Thurman and Catherine Zeta-Jones also star. Gabriele Muccino directed the Robbie Fox screenplay.
FilmDistrict Renames Gerard Butler Soccer Comedy 'Playing For Keeps'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Split' And 'xXx' Merge Into Market While 'The Founder' May Get Lost In Heavy Traffic - Box Office Preview
Latest Film News
- Pablo Schreiber & O’Shea Jackson Jr. To Co-Star In Crime Thriller ‘Den Of Thieves’
- ‘Logan’ Final Trailer: A Mini-Mutant Claws Her Way Into Wolverine’s World
- Carlos Slim Launching Mexican Channel In U.S.; Karga Seven Heads To Turkey; BAFTA Shorts Noms Screen Online…
- ‘Power Rangers’ Trailer: New Legion Of Teen Warriors Suits Up For Morphin’ Time
- Glasgow Film Festival Unveils 2017 Lineup
- People’s Choice Awards: Ellen DeGeneres, Justin Timberlake, ‘Big Bang Theory’ & More