The newly titled Playing For Keeps (formerly Playing The Field) remains set for a December 7 wide release from FilmDistrict, which acquired the title at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival. The Nu Image/Millennium Films comedy stars Gerard Butler as a retired soccer pro who, burnt out on his playboy lifestyle and bankrupt, moves back to Virginia to reconnect with his estranged ex-wife (Jessica Biel) and son (Noah Lomax). He starts to coach the boys’ soccer team but is tested by the sexy soccer moms and desperate housewives he must deal with. Judy Greer, Dennis Quaid, Uma Thurman and Catherine Zeta-Jones also star. Gabriele Muccino directed the Robbie Fox screenplay.
FilmDistrict Renames Gerard Butler Soccer Comedy 'Playing For Keeps'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cecily Strong Struggles To Follow Obama And Anger Translator Luther At White House Correspondents Dinner
Latest Film News
- Famke Janssen Signs With ICM Partners
- ‘Far From The Madding Crowd’ Review: Carey Mulligan’s Hardy Hero Antidote
- ‘Ultron’, ‘Furious’ Lead As ‘Cinderella’ Scores In Japan: International B.O. Update
- ‘American Sniper’ And ‘Fifty Shades’ Drive Increase In Average Q1 Ticket Outlays
- Jayne Meadows Allen Dies: Broadway Actress Wooed And Won TV & Film Audiences
- Universal & Will Packer Land David E. Talbert Spec ‘A Meyers Thanksgiving'; Eye Holiday 2016