FX has acquired commercial TV premiere rights to Ted, the Seth MacFarlane-directed raunch comedy that topped the domestic box office this past weekend with a $54 million haul. It’s the latest pickup for the network, which has made a habit of acquiring rights to top box office pics — it has landed 13 movies that finished first at the box office in 17 of the 2012’s first 26 weeks including Marvel’s The Avengers, Men In Black 3 and Snow White And The Huntsman.
FX Acquires TV Premiere Rights To 'Ted'
What's Hot on Deadline
Natalie Portman, Nicholas Hoult & Thandie Newton Board Xavier Dolan's 'The Death And Life Of John F. Donovan' - Berlin
Amy Schumer Takes Serious Turn In 'Thank You For Your Service;' PTSD Drama By 'American Sniper' Scribe Jason Hall
Latest TV News
- Khloé Kardashian’s ‘Kocktails With Khloé’: FYI Orders More Episodes
- Bernie Sanders Eats Ice Cream, Shoots Hoops On ‘The View’ After Winning New Hampshire
- ‘Agent Carter’ Star Hayley Atwell To Topline ABC Drama Pilot ‘Conviction’
- Art & John Linson Developing 'Lawrence In Arabia' Middle East Drama For HBO
- Time Warner Says HBO Now Has 800K Subs As It Prepares Marketing Push
- ‘Flash’ Ratings Pick Up The Pace, ‘New Girl’ Even With Megan Fox, ‘Grinder’ Rises