FX has acquired commercial TV premiere rights to Ted, the Seth MacFarlane-directed raunch comedy that topped the domestic box office this past weekend with a $54 million haul. It’s the latest pickup for the network, which has made a habit of acquiring rights to top box office pics — it has landed 13 movies that finished first at the box office in 17 of the 2012’s first 26 weeks including Marvel’s The Avengers, Men In Black 3 and Snow White And The Huntsman.
FX Acquires TV Premiere Rights To 'Ted'
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- 'Family Guy' Takes On Harvey Weinstein & Kevin Spacey Scandals In Emmy Mailer
- ‘Lethal Weapon’: More On The Incidents & On-Set Environment That Led To Fox Series’ Limbo
- ‘Schoolhouse Rock’ Creator-Songwriter Bob Dorough Dies At 94
- Latest Bankruptcy Filings Reveal Extent Of Weinstein Co. Woes
- Prosecution Attacks Bill Cosby & His Lawyers In Closing Argument – Update
- ‘The Path’: Star Aaron Paul Reacts To Cancellation Of Hulu Series