FX has acquired commercial TV premiere rights to Ted, the Seth MacFarlane-directed raunch comedy that topped the domestic box office this past weekend with a $54 million haul. It’s the latest pickup for the network, which has made a habit of acquiring rights to top box office pics — it has landed 13 movies that finished first at the box office in 17 of the 2012’s first 26 weeks including Marvel’s The Avengers, Men In Black 3 and Snow White And The Huntsman.
FX Acquires TV Premiere Rights To 'Ted'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek Discovery' EPs Alex Kurtzman & Akiva Goldsman On "Burnham's Dilemma" & Michelle Yeoh Shocker
Latest TV News
- ‘The Haunting Of Hill House’: McKenna Grace & Violet McGraw Join Netflix Series
- ‘The Affair’: Sanaa Lathan Set To Recur On Season 4 Of Showtime Series
- Facebook Watch 'Working Spectacularly' for Discovery-backed Group Nine—Ad Week
- ‘Grown-ish’: Abraham D. Juste Set To Recur In Freeform’s ‘Black-ish’ Spinoff
- HBO Sets Premiere Date For Ben Bradlee Doc ‘The Newspaperman’
- Stana Katic Thriller ‘Absentia’ Sets Overseas Premiere Dates On Sony’s AXN