FX has acquired commercial TV premiere rights to Ted, the Seth MacFarlane-directed raunch comedy that topped the domestic box office this past weekend with a $54 million haul. It’s the latest pickup for the network, which has made a habit of acquiring rights to top box office pics — it has landed 13 movies that finished first at the box office in 17 of the 2012’s first 26 weeks including Marvel’s The Avengers, Men In Black 3 and Snow White And The Huntsman.
FX Acquires TV Premiere Rights To 'Ted'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Altice and Disney Stocks Rise As Carriage Standoff Continues
- California Film & TV Incentives Boosted Below-The-Line Wages By $1.4 Billion
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Draws 9.6 Million Viewers In Sunday Premiere
- ‘Knightfall’: Jeremy Renner-Produced History Drama Series Gets Fall Premiere & Trailer
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Spinoff ‘The Perfectionists’ Starring Sasha Pieterse & Janel Parrish Gets Freeform…
- ‘Underworld’: Len Wiseman Spearheading TV Series Adaptation Of Movie Franchise