FX has acquired commercial TV premiere rights to Ted, the Seth MacFarlane-directed raunch comedy that topped the domestic box office this past weekend with a $54 million haul. It’s the latest pickup for the network, which has made a habit of acquiring rights to top box office pics — it has landed 13 movies that finished first at the box office in 17 of the 2012’s first 26 weeks including Marvel’s The Avengers, Men In Black 3 and Snow White And The Huntsman.
FX Acquires TV Premiere Rights To 'Ted'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
'Baby Driver' Starts Its Engine Tuesday Night; 'Wonder Woman' Beating 'Suicide Squad' With $325M+ Running Cume
Latest TV News
- Deadline Ratings Advisory: Nielsen Delay For ‘America’s Got Talent’ & More
- Fox News Officially Confirms Retiring Rep. Jason Chaffetz Joining As Contributor
- ‘Step Up: High Water’: Ne-Yo, Naya Rivera & Faizon Love To Topline YouTube Red Drama Series
- Amazon Nabs Subscription Rights To CBS Summer Drama Series ‘Salvation’
- ‘The Oath’: Cory Hardrict Joins Crackle Drama Series
- 'Castle Rock': Melanie Lynskey To Star In Hulu’s J.J. Abrams/Stephen King Series