FX has acquired commercial TV premiere rights to Ted, the Seth MacFarlane-directed raunch comedy that topped the domestic box office this past weekend with a $54 million haul. It’s the latest pickup for the network, which has made a habit of acquiring rights to top box office pics — it has landed 13 movies that finished first at the box office in 17 of the 2012’s first 26 weeks including Marvel’s The Avengers, Men In Black 3 and Snow White And The Huntsman.
FX Acquires TV Premiere Rights To 'Ted'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Jerry Ferrara To Co-Star In Starz’s ‘Power’ Season 2
- ‘Ghostbusters’ Casting: Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones
- Christine Connor Inks Overall Producing Deal With ABC News’ Lincoln Square Prods
- Sony Animation Taps DreamWorks Animation’s Kristine Belson New Boss
- Thinkfactory Media Launches Incubator Division, Sets First Pod Deal