Veteran actor-comedian Fred Willard has lost his job as narrator of PBS’ new Antiques Roadshow competition spinoff Market Warriors. This follows his arrest Wednesday night on charges of lewd conduct at an adult theater in Hollywood. Boston station WGBH, which produces the show, said “Given the unfortunate news reported today, effective immediately, Fred Willard no longer will be involved with the Market Warriors series.” Antiques Roadshow host Mark Walberg will re-record narration for the episodes already taped. The attorney for the 72-year-old Willard told Fox News that “Fred did nothing in any violation of any law. We will be working vigorously to clear his name.” Willard starred in several ensemble movies directed by Christopher Guest, including Best In Show and A Mighty Wind. He is a frequent actor in TV series and on Jay Leno’s Tonight Show skits.
Fred Willard Loses PBS Job After Arrest
What's Hot on Deadline
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why 'Roman J. Israel, Esq' Never Left The '60s Behind - The Contenders Video
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest Film News
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: ‘Wonder’ Makes Awards Play; ‘Dunkirk’ Storms The Q&A Circuit; Netflix Sends A Pig…
- Kumail Nanjiani On How A Pitch To Judd Apatow About A Ghost Witch Movie Begat ‘The Big Sick’ – The…
- Exhibition Stocks Rise In Short Trading Session On Holiday Box Office Optimism
- ‘Arthur Miller: Writer’ Helmer Rebecca Miller Discusses Her Doc Portrait Of Father Arthur Miller
- Denis Villeneuve On His Love Of Sci-Fi, Working With Ridley Scott On ‘Blade Runner 2049’ & Revisiting ‘Dune’ – Behind…
- Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why ‘Roman J. Israel, Esq’ Never Left The ’60s Behind – The…