The online ticketer is poised to announce tomorrow that its second quarter was the best quarter in the company’s 12-year history, with ticket sales up 28% year over year and traffic up 26%. Mobile traffic is up 107% year-over-year, and 27% of ticket sales during the quarter came from Fandango’s mobile site and app. The news comes as the company finalized a partnership with MSN during the quarter, joining recent pacts with Yahoo and AOLMoviefone as well as with movie chains AMC, Regency and Carmike. It also comes during the period when Marvel’s The Avengers bowed and became the third-highest-grossing domestic release of all time.
Fandango Expects Best Quarter Ever
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
Latest Film News
- Blumhouse Acquiring ‘Intruders,’ Next Pic By Tommy Wirkola
- Morgan Freeman On Accusations: “I Apologize To Anyone Who Felt Uncomfortable Or Disrespected”
- ‘Shooting In Vain’ Trailer: Indie Drama About The Needle And The Damage Done
- Morgan Freeman Accused Of Inappropriate Behavior By Multiple Women
- ‘American Jail’: CNN Films & Roger Ross Williams Team For Docu On Mass-Incarceration Crisis
- BuzzFeed, Hulu Team For R. Kelly Feature Doc On History Of Alleged Abuse