The online ticketer is poised to announce tomorrow that its second quarter was the best quarter in the company’s 12-year history, with ticket sales up 28% year over year and traffic up 26%. Mobile traffic is up 107% year-over-year, and 27% of ticket sales during the quarter came from Fandango’s mobile site and app. The news comes as the company finalized a partnership with MSN during the quarter, joining recent pacts with Yahoo and AOLMoviefone as well as with movie chains AMC, Regency and Carmike. It also comes during the period when Marvel’s The Avengers bowed and became the third-highest-grossing domestic release of all time.
Fandango Expects Best Quarter Ever
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest Film News
- Karen Gillan Game For Big Role In ‘Jumanji’
- Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’ To World Premiere As AFI Fest Opening Night
- Former Paramount & Disney Exec Named CEO Of China-Based Alpha Animation
- Austin Film Festival Lines Up Writers Conference, Packs In A-List Talent From Film and TV
- Jack Reynor, James Franco, Zoe Kravitz, Dennis Quaid Topline Sci-Fi ‘Kin’
- Warner Bros, Anne Hathaway & Gail Berman Spark To Jenny Mollen Book ‘Live Fast Die Hot’