The online ticketer is poised to announce tomorrow that its second quarter was the best quarter in the company’s 12-year history, with ticket sales up 28% year over year and traffic up 26%. Mobile traffic is up 107% year-over-year, and 27% of ticket sales during the quarter came from Fandango’s mobile site and app. The news comes as the company finalized a partnership with MSN during the quarter, joining recent pacts with Yahoo and AOLMoviefone as well as with movie chains AMC, Regency and Carmike. It also comes during the period when Marvel’s The Avengers bowed and became the third-highest-grossing domestic release of all time.
Fandango Expects Best Quarter Ever
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest Film News
- Dustin Hoffman Grills Noah Baumbach (And Gets Grilled Too): Tribeca Film Festival
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For…
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2’ Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And…
- Madonna Biopic ‘Blonde Ambition’ Lands At Universal
- Gilles Marini Enlists In WWII Pic ‘Burning At Both Ends’; Margot Bingham Joins ‘Departures’
- WGA Members Approve Strike Authorization In Historic Turnout