The online ticketer is poised to announce tomorrow that its second quarter was the best quarter in the company’s 12-year history, with ticket sales up 28% year over year and traffic up 26%. Mobile traffic is up 107% year-over-year, and 27% of ticket sales during the quarter came from Fandango’s mobile site and app. The news comes as the company finalized a partnership with MSN during the quarter, joining recent pacts with Yahoo and AOLMoviefone as well as with movie chains AMC, Regency and Carmike. It also comes during the period when Marvel’s The Avengers bowed and became the third-highest-grossing domestic release of all time.
Fandango Expects Best Quarter Ever
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Massachusetts Senator Urges Verizon, Cox To Resolve Local Fox Blackout
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'