EXCLUSIVE: Barry Diller and Scott Rudin are in exploratory talks to launch an e-book business for both fiction and non-fiction. I’m told they have had a lot of exploratory conversations and I expect an announcement of a venture launch shortly with major investment capital. The ramifications will be interesting. Both Diller and Rudin are big players in media. Diller’s track record includes the new Aereo TV streaming service, IAC/InterActive Corp., TicketMaster and before that Fox (where Rudin became his president of production) and Paramount Pictures. Rudin is a prolific veteran producer of book-to-film and stage adaptations that most recently have included Best Picture Oscar nominees True Grit, The Social Network and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, as well as The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Other distinguished titles include Moneyball, No Country For Old Men, There Will Be Blood and The Hours. Rudin also had movie production deals at Paramount, Disney/Miramax and now has a deal at Sony. His recent stage productions include the Tony-winning Broadway hits The Book Of Mormon, Fences, and the Mike Nichols-directed revival of Death Of A Salesman. No comment from the principals.
Barry Diller And Scott Rudin In Talks To Launch E-Book Business
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’
- CBS Films Sets Boston Marathon Bombing Pic ‘Patriots’ Day'; Mark Wahlberg Eyes Police Commish Ed Davis Role