EXCLUSIVE: Barry Diller and Scott Rudin are in exploratory talks to launch an e-book business for both fiction and non-fiction. I’m told they have had a lot of exploratory conversations and I expect an announcement of a venture launch shortly with major investment capital. The ramifications will be interesting. Both Diller and Rudin are big players in media. Diller’s track record includes the new Aereo TV streaming service, IAC/InterActive Corp., TicketMaster and before that Fox (where Rudin became his president of production) and Paramount Pictures. Rudin is a prolific veteran producer of book-to-film and stage adaptations that most recently have included Best Picture Oscar nominees True Grit, The Social Network and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, as well as The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Other distinguished titles include Moneyball, No Country For Old Men, There Will Be Blood and The Hours. Rudin also had movie production deals at Paramount, Disney/Miramax and now has a deal at Sony. His recent stage productions include the Tony-winning Broadway hits The Book Of Mormon, Fences, and the Mike Nichols-directed revival of Death Of A Salesman. No comment from the principals.
Barry Diller And Scott Rudin In Talks To Launch E-Book Business
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $59M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- M.I.A & Ed Sheeran Films Drum Up Global Interest in Rock Docs – Berlin
- Idrissa Ouedraogo Dies: Noted Director Of African Film Was 64
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Stuns ‘Shape Of Water’ But Does This Mean Oscar Is Next? – Hammond…
- History Is Already Written: Film Comedies Came Back In 2018
- Greenwich Entertainment Acquires Lorna Tucker Docu ‘Westwood: Punk, Icon, Activist’
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods – The Complete Winners List