EXCLUSIVE: Barry Diller and Scott Rudin are in exploratory talks to launch an e-book business for both fiction and non-fiction. I’m told they have had a lot of exploratory conversations and I expect an announcement of a venture launch shortly with major investment capital. The ramifications will be interesting. Both Diller and Rudin are big players in media. Diller’s track record includes the new Aereo TV streaming service, IAC/InterActive Corp., TicketMaster and before that Fox (where Rudin became his president of production) and Paramount Pictures. Rudin is a prolific veteran producer of book-to-film and stage adaptations that most recently have included Best Picture Oscar nominees True Grit, The Social Network and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, as well as The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Other distinguished titles include Moneyball, No Country For Old Men, There Will Be Blood and The Hours. Rudin also had movie production deals at Paramount, Disney/Miramax and now has a deal at Sony. His recent stage productions include the Tony-winning Broadway hits The Book Of Mormon, Fences, and the Mike Nichols-directed revival of Death Of A Salesman. No comment from the principals.
Barry Diller And Scott Rudin In Talks To Launch E-Book Business
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
'A Dog's Purpose' Director Lasse Hallstrom & Voice Actor Josh Gad Upset Over "Disturbing" Video Of Terrified Dog
Latest Film News
- ‘Fun Mom Dinner’ Racks Up Near $5M In WW Deals As Momentum & Netflix Buy Sundance Film
- ‘The Founder’ Review: Michael Keaton Sizzles In Big Mac Biopic
- Hollywood Remembers “Brilliant”, “Hilarious” Miguel Ferrer
- Miguel Ferrer Dies: ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’ & ‘Crossing Jordan’ Star Was 61
- What’s Your Gut: Are The Oscars Headed For A “Hollywood Ending”?
- Brazilian Filmmaker Kleber Mendonca Filho Inks With ICM Partners