Lightcap will take over as Head of Content for DLA/US Hispanic and General Manager for the Southern Cone on August 13. She’ll be based in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and will report to Enrique R. Martínez, President and Managing Director for DLA/USH. Discovery says Lightcap will head all areas within DLA/USH related to content, including Programming, Marketing, Program Publicity and On-Air Promotions, as well as implement the company’s content initiatives in the region. In her role as General Manager for the Southern Cone, Lightcap will be responsible for overseeing Discovery’s business in Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Bolivia and Paraguay. She will also be responsible for developing new business initiatives and opportunities for the portfolio in the region. Lightcap previously served as President of Disney Channels Worldwide. She stepped down from that position last year. Before that, she was Chief Marketing Officer for Disney, Latin America and Senior VP, Programming and Creative Affairs at Disney Channels Latin America.
Ex-Disney Exec Carolina Lightcap Joins Discovery Networks Latin America
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…