Lightcap will take over as Head of Content for DLA/US Hispanic and General Manager for the Southern Cone on August 13. She’ll be based in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and will report to Enrique R. Martínez, President and Managing Director for DLA/USH. Discovery says Lightcap will head all areas within DLA/USH related to content, including Programming, Marketing, Program Publicity and On-Air Promotions, as well as implement the company’s content initiatives in the region. In her role as General Manager for the Southern Cone, Lightcap will be responsible for overseeing Discovery’s business in Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Bolivia and Paraguay. She will also be responsible for developing new business initiatives and opportunities for the portfolio in the region. Lightcap previously served as President of Disney Channels Worldwide. She stepped down from that position last year. Before that, she was Chief Marketing Officer for Disney, Latin America and Senior VP, Programming and Creative Affairs at Disney Channels Latin America.
Ex-Disney Exec Carolina Lightcap Joins Discovery Networks Latin America
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor