Lightcap will take over as Head of Content for DLA/US Hispanic and General Manager for the Southern Cone on August 13. She’ll be based in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and will report to Enrique R. Martínez, President and Managing Director for DLA/USH. Discovery says Lightcap will head all areas within DLA/USH related to content, including Programming, Marketing, Program Publicity and On-Air Promotions, as well as implement the company’s content initiatives in the region. In her role as General Manager for the Southern Cone, Lightcap will be responsible for overseeing Discovery’s business in Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Bolivia and Paraguay. She will also be responsible for developing new business initiatives and opportunities for the portfolio in the region. Lightcap previously served as President of Disney Channels Worldwide. She stepped down from that position last year. Before that, she was Chief Marketing Officer for Disney, Latin America and Senior VP, Programming and Creative Affairs at Disney Channels Latin America.
Ex-Disney Exec Carolina Lightcap Joins Discovery Networks Latin America
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video