Eric Dane, who has played Mark Sloan aka McSteamy on Grey’s Anatomy since the end of Season 2, will leave the ABC medical drama sometime next season, after wrapping his storyline. “After much consideration and conversations, he and I have decided that this is the right time for his storyline to end”, creator Shonda Rhimes told TVLine, which broke the story. The recent eighth season finale saw Sloan seriously injured after a plane crash that claimed the life of Lexie (Chyler Leigh). Dane joins fellow regulars Leigh and Kim Raver who also are leaving Grey’s.
Eric Dane To Depart 'Grey's Anatomy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Secrets & Lies’ Producer Hoodlum Entertainment Inks First-Look Deal With ABC Studios International
- Jay Roth Fete: The Reason You Can’t Get A Hollywood Mogul On The Phone Tonight
- ‘Dynasty’: Netflix To Distribute The CW Reboot Internationally Via Deal With CBS Studios Int’l
- ‘Criminal Minds’ Co-EP Virgil Williams Inks Overall Deal With Universal TV
- ‘Power’ Season 4 Review: ‘Fast & Furious’ Sung Kang Brings More Pedal To Metal
- ‘Fresh Off the Boat’ Co-EP Sanjay Shah Inks Overall Deal With 20th Century Fox TV