Eric Dane, who has played Mark Sloan aka McSteamy on Grey’s Anatomy since the end of Season 2, will leave the ABC medical drama sometime next season, after wrapping his storyline. “After much consideration and conversations, he and I have decided that this is the right time for his storyline to end”, creator Shonda Rhimes told TVLine, which broke the story. The recent eighth season finale saw Sloan seriously injured after a plane crash that claimed the life of Lexie (Chyler Leigh). Dane joins fellow regulars Leigh and Kim Raver who also are leaving Grey’s.
Eric Dane To Depart 'Grey's Anatomy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- PBS Cuts Al Franken From David Letterman’s Mark Twain Prize Broadcast
- Earle Hyman Dies: Veteran Broadway Actor, Cosby TV Dad Was 91
- Jeffrey Tambor Exits ‘Transparent’ After Sexual Harassment Allegations
- ‘Bored To Death’ Movie: Creator Jonathan Ames Has Two Drafts Written
- Sean Hannity Tweet-Shouts At Brian Stelter, Who’s Blocked By Bartiromo