Eric Dane, who has played Mark Sloan aka McSteamy on Grey’s Anatomy since the end of Season 2, will leave the ABC medical drama sometime next season, after wrapping his storyline. “After much consideration and conversations, he and I have decided that this is the right time for his storyline to end”, creator Shonda Rhimes told TVLine, which broke the story. The recent eighth season finale saw Sloan seriously injured after a plane crash that claimed the life of Lexie (Chyler Leigh). Dane joins fellow regulars Leigh and Kim Raver who also are leaving Grey’s.
Eric Dane To Depart 'Grey's Anatomy'
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Movies: Not Many Surprises But Hawking Vs. 'Birdman' Fires Up The Best Actor Oscar Race - Hammond
More From Andreeva
- SAG Awards TV: Hourlong Series Sweep Drama & Comedy Races, Netflix Rises, Viola Davis Scores Freshman Win
- SAG Awards 2015 Live Blog
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Rise With Host Blake Shelton
- Oscar Nominee ‘Leviathan’ Upset At Russian Film Awards
- ‘Constantine’ & ‘Hart Of Dixie’ Tick Up In Ratings On Quiet Friday
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey’s Angel Drama ‘Unveiled’, Medical Drama ‘Heart Matters’ Get NBC…