Eric Dane, who has played Mark Sloan aka McSteamy on Grey’s Anatomy since the end of Season 2, will leave the ABC medical drama sometime next season, after wrapping his storyline. “After much consideration and conversations, he and I have decided that this is the right time for his storyline to end”, creator Shonda Rhimes told TVLine, which broke the story. The recent eighth season finale saw Sloan seriously injured after a plane crash that claimed the life of Lexie (Chyler Leigh). Dane joins fellow regulars Leigh and Kim Raver who also are leaving Grey’s.
Eric Dane To Depart 'Grey's Anatomy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Jennifer Lawrence Becomes A 'Red Sparrow': 20th Century Fox Unveils Intense Spy Trailer At CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Threatens Republicans On Twitter In Bid To Resuscitate Trumpcare
- Tyler Labine To Co-Star In ‘Hannah Royce’s Questionable Choices’ CBS Pilot
- Endemol Shine North America Names Marisa Hammonds SVP Digital, Marketing & Research
- ‘NCIS: New Orleans’ EP Chris Silber Inks Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios
- ‘Power Rangers’ TV Actor Sentenced To Prison For Killing Roommate
- ‘Lost In Space’: Raza Jaffrey Set To Recur In Netflix Series Remake