Eric Dane, who has played Mark Sloan aka McSteamy on Grey’s Anatomy since the end of Season 2, will leave the ABC medical drama sometime next season, after wrapping his storyline. “After much consideration and conversations, he and I have decided that this is the right time for his storyline to end”, creator Shonda Rhimes told TVLine, which broke the story. The recent eighth season finale saw Sloan seriously injured after a plane crash that claimed the life of Lexie (Chyler Leigh). Dane joins fellow regulars Leigh and Kim Raver who also are leaving Grey’s.
Eric Dane To Depart 'Grey's Anatomy'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'