After landing the top comedy series prize at the Critics’ Choice TV Awards last month, NBC’s underrated comedy series Community finally is getting some Emmy recognition. While the best comedy series and acting categories remain out of reach, Community today landed a prestigious writing for a comedy series nomination. It wasn’t for creator Dan Harmon, who was recently replaced as showrunner on the series, but for co-executive producer Chris McKenna for writing the Remedial Chaos Theory episode of the show. The comedy series writing field was very competitive this year, and even awards juggernaut Modern Family, which won the category the last two years, couldn’t make the cut. Community‘s only previous Emmy nom came last year in the Individual Achievement in Animation category, which the series actually won.
EMMYS: 'Community' Finally Gets Love
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…
- Jimmy Perry Dies: British TV Writer-Creator Was 93