After landing the top comedy series prize at the Critics’ Choice TV Awards last month, NBC’s underrated comedy series Community finally is getting some Emmy recognition. While the best comedy series and acting categories remain out of reach, Community today landed a prestigious writing for a comedy series nomination. It wasn’t for creator Dan Harmon, who was recently replaced as showrunner on the series, but for co-executive producer Chris McKenna for writing the Remedial Chaos Theory episode of the show. The comedy series writing field was very competitive this year, and even awards juggernaut Modern Family, which won the category the last two years, couldn’t make the cut. Community‘s only previous Emmy nom came last year in the Individual Achievement in Animation category, which the series actually won.
EMMYS: 'Community' Finally Gets Love
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Black Panther' Keeps Box Office Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; 'I Can Only Imagine' Sings $17M High Note
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest TV News
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Rise With Host Bill Hader
- ‘SNL’ Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By “Canada’s Harvey Weinstein,” Trots Out Impressions In ‘Jurassic…
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘SNL’: Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
- ‘Will & Grace’ Cast React To Season 3 Renewal; Talk Favorite Guest Stars
- ‘Will & Grace’ Revival Renewed For Season 3 By NBC, Season 2 Expanded