EXCLUSIVE: Ed Asner is reprising his role (again) on CBS’ Hawaii Five-0, playing August March on the cop drama. He originated the role in a 1975 appearance in the first incarnation of the series and returned last year to play the world-class smuggler. His storyline is being extended for the second episode of Season 3, we’re told, and he is headed to Hawaii next week to shoot his scenes. The series is currently in production on the season premiere, which is set to air September 24. The seven-time Emmy winner is plenty busy, as he’s also set to star opposite Alison Sweeney and Greg Vaughn in the Hallmark telefilm Two In, which is shooting in LA for a 2013 premiere. He also just pacted to return to Broadway in the fall to star alongside Paul Rudd and Michael Shannon in Grace, the Craig Wright drama that officially opens October 4 for a limited run. He isrepped by Greene & Associates and manager Perry Zimel.
Ed Asner Returning To 'Hawaii Five-0'
What's Hot on Deadline
'I Feel Pretty' Takes In $1M, 'Super Troopers 2' Tickets Strong $1.35M, 'Traffik' With $225K In Thursday Previews
'Love, Gilda' Director On Meeting Gene Wilder & Why Some Gilda Radner 'SNL' Peers Aren't In The Doc - Tribeca
Al Pacino, Michelle Pfeiffer and Brian De Palma On 'Scarface' F-Bombs, Chainsaw And Origin Story – Tribeca
Latest TV News
- Slate PR Promotes 10 Across Team
- CBS All Access Lands Muhammad Ali Event Series ‘8 Fights’ For Development With Morgan Freeman Producing
- MTV Orders ‘Too Stupid To Die’ Prank Series From Former MTV Chief Van Toffler
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’: Geena Davis Returns To Reprise Dr. Herman Role
- ‘Scandal’ So-Long Builds On Last Year’s Season Wrapper To Dominate 10 PM
- Outgoing ‘Arrow’ Co-Showrunner Wendy Mericle Inks ABC Studios Overall Deal