EXCLUSIVE: Ed Asner is reprising his role (again) on CBS’ Hawaii Five-0, playing August March on the cop drama. He originated the role in a 1975 appearance in the first incarnation of the series and returned last year to play the world-class smuggler. His storyline is being extended for the second episode of Season 3, we’re told, and he is headed to Hawaii next week to shoot his scenes. The series is currently in production on the season premiere, which is set to air September 24. The seven-time Emmy winner is plenty busy, as he’s also set to star opposite Alison Sweeney and Greg Vaughn in the Hallmark telefilm Two In, which is shooting in LA for a 2013 premiere. He also just pacted to return to Broadway in the fall to star alongside Paul Rudd and Michael Shannon in Grace, the Craig Wright drama that officially opens October 4 for a limited run. He isrepped by Greene & Associates and manager Perry Zimel.
Ed Asner Returning To 'Hawaii Five-0'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Trevor Noah: Donald Trump Is “Problem Solver” If Godzilla Is City Planner
- Fox Sports Adds A Year To Its Rights Deal For Big3 Professional Basketball
- ‘The Opposition With Jordan Klepper’: First Look At Comedy Central’s ‘Daily Show’ Spinoff
- Donald Trump Congratulates Self On Twitter For Phoenix Speech
- “Back Up, You Creep!”: Hillary Clinton Ponders What Might Have Been
- HBO & Sky Sink Teeth Into Bad Wolf With Minority Investment – Edinburgh