EXCLUSIVE: Ed Asner is reprising his role (again) on CBS’ Hawaii Five-0, playing August March on the cop drama. He originated the role in a 1975 appearance in the first incarnation of the series and returned last year to play the world-class smuggler. His storyline is being extended for the second episode of Season 3, we’re told, and he is headed to Hawaii next week to shoot his scenes. The series is currently in production on the season premiere, which is set to air September 24. The seven-time Emmy winner is plenty busy, as he’s also set to star opposite Alison Sweeney and Greg Vaughn in the Hallmark telefilm Two In, which is shooting in LA for a 2013 premiere. He also just pacted to return to Broadway in the fall to star alongside Paul Rudd and Michael Shannon in Grace, the Craig Wright drama that officially opens October 4 for a limited run. He isrepped by Greene & Associates and manager Perry Zimel.
Ed Asner Returning To 'Hawaii Five-0'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
'The Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' Review: Johnny Depp And A Couple Of Oscar Winners Help Keep This Fun Ride Afloat
Latest TV News
- Ed Helms To Topline ‘The Fake News with Ted Nelms’ Special For Comedy Central
- Paul Ryan On Montana Election Fracas: No One Should Attack Press – Or Human Beings
- ‘Empire’ Finale Ratings Fizzle From 2016, ‘Dirty Dancing’ Does OK, CBS Wins Night
- ‘Nashville’ Midseason Trailer: “That’s The Door Slamming On My Career”
- ‘Goliath’ Ups Diana Hopper To Series Regular; Dominic Fumusa Also Cast
- Fullscreen & Wattpad Partner on ‘FANtasies’ Scripted Anthology Series