HBO confirms it’s ordered 8 more episodes of the off-beat baseball comedy Eastbound & Down that stars Danny McBride. The show ended its third season in April, but left room for more storytelling. It features McBride as a former Major League Baseball pitcher living in Shelby County, North Carolina. Fate brought him close to reclaiming his former glory, both on the field and in the sack with his high school sweetheart April, but the comeback eluded him. He ended up abandoning April at a convenience store and hitting the road to start a new life – as a cockfighter in Mexico. McBride’s character Kenny Powers was back in the states in Season 3, facing challenges as a single parent with a baby. McBride exec produces the show, along with Will Ferrell, Chris Henchy, Adam McKay and Jody Hill.
`Eastbound & Down' Returns To HBO
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- James Franco, Seth Rogen Celebrate Jimmy Fallon's 40th In Their Birthday Suits: VIDEO
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'