HBO confirms it’s ordered 8 more episodes of the off-beat baseball comedy Eastbound & Down that stars Danny McBride. The show ended its third season in April, but left room for more storytelling. It features McBride as a former Major League Baseball pitcher living in Shelby County, North Carolina. Fate brought him close to reclaiming his former glory, both on the field and in the sack with his high school sweetheart April, but the comeback eluded him. He ended up abandoning April at a convenience store and hitting the road to start a new life – as a cockfighter in Mexico. McBride’s character Kenny Powers was back in the states in Season 3, facing challenges as a single parent with a baby. McBride exec produces the show, along with Will Ferrell, Chris Henchy, Adam McKay and Jody Hill.
`Eastbound & Down' Returns To HBO
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump’s “Baseless” Desire To Toss Ex-‘Apprentice’ Hopeful’s Suit Slammed
- Beau Willimon Elected President Of WGA East
- Jamie Lee Curtis To Star In & Produce Funeral Home Comedy In Works At CBS
- ‘Oscar Pistorius: Blade Runner Killer’ Movie Set For Fall Premiere On Lifetime
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Showrunner Erica Shelton Kodish Inks Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios
- NBC Claims Fourth Consecutive 52-Week Demo Ratings Win