HBO confirms it’s ordered 8 more episodes of the off-beat baseball comedy Eastbound & Down that stars Danny McBride. The show ended its third season in April, but left room for more storytelling. It features McBride as a former Major League Baseball pitcher living in Shelby County, North Carolina. Fate brought him close to reclaiming his former glory, both on the field and in the sack with his high school sweetheart April, but the comeback eluded him. He ended up abandoning April at a convenience store and hitting the road to start a new life – as a cockfighter in Mexico. McBride’s character Kenny Powers was back in the states in Season 3, facing challenges as a single parent with a baby. McBride exec produces the show, along with Will Ferrell, Chris Henchy, Adam McKay and Jody Hill.
`Eastbound & Down' Returns To HBO
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- The Hillbillies Have Eyes In New ‘American Horror Story’ Season 6 Teasers
- Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: “First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America’s On A Roll!”
- Stephen Colbert Welcomes Comedy Central ‘Broad City’ Talent To ‘Late Show’
- Hillary Clinton Rips Donald Trump For “Bigotry & Bombast” In DNC Speech
- Hollywood Reacts To Hillary Clinton DNC Speech: Making History Leads Way Amid Jokes & Jibes
- Steve Guttenberg “Moved” By Bill Clinton’s ‘Police Academy’ Love