DreamWorks Animation has inked a licensing deal to bring its movie characters and storytelling to a planned amusement park in the New Jersey Meadowlands. The indoor theme park, about 10 miles west of New York City, would feature rides, attractions and a glass-enclosed wave pool incorporating characters from the studio’s films. DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg confirmed the deal in a statement, first reported by the New York Times. It would be the first wholly themed DreamWorks park. DreamWorld, in Australia, features some DreamWorks characters but not exclusively. The planned project, near MetLife Stadium, has its challenges. The Jets and Giants sued to block construction last month, saying it threatens to clog the already-congested area on game days. Developer Triple Five said it hoped to open the park in 2014 but it’s unlikely it will happen in time for the Super Bowl being held at MetLife Stadium.
DreamWorks Animation Theme Park Planned In New Jersey
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Nosing Out 'Pitch Perfect' For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Nosing Out ‘Pitch Perfect’ For No. 1; ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- How Director Rick Famuyiwa Grew ‘Dope’ – Cannes Q&A
- Michael Fassbender In ‘Macbeth': A Pair Of Clips From Cannes
- Un Certain Regard Winners: ‘Rams’, ‘The High Sun’, ‘Treasure’ & More – Cannes
- ‘Son Of Saul’ Wins FIPRESCI; Ecumenical Jury Honors ‘Mia Madre’ – Cannes
- Hot Cannes ‘Circle’ Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In ‘Assassin’s Creed’, New ‘Bourne…