The DreamWorks Animation chief tells CNBC that his $155M acquisition of Classic Media, which has 450 properties, will help with his expansion plans — including launching digital channels and providing entertainment in China. “We’re going to build on that library,” Katzenberg says. “This is not a last step. It’s a first step.” In addition, he teases that he’s about to announce a new TV show. Responding to a question about the Colorado theater murders, Katzenberg says he does not think it will result in people being searched when they go to the movies.
Classic Media Opens Doors For DreamWorks Animation: Jeffrey Katzenberg
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Citing “Insulting” Criticism, Comcast And Time Warner Cable Withdraw Funding For Dinner Honoring FCC Commissioner
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content