The DreamWorks Animation chief tells CNBC that his $155M acquisition of Classic Media, which has 450 properties, will help with his expansion plans — including launching digital channels and providing entertainment in China. “We’re going to build on that library,” Katzenberg says. “This is not a last step. It’s a first step.” In addition, he teases that he’s about to announce a new TV show. Responding to a question about the Colorado theater murders, Katzenberg says he does not think it will result in people being searched when they go to the movies.
Classic Media Opens Doors For DreamWorks Animation: Jeffrey Katzenberg
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
Latest Film News
- Tom Hiddleston Becomes Founding BFI Ambassador
- F. Gary Gray Expected To Direct ‘Furious 8’
- Petitioners Demand Apology For Theft Of Artifacts By ‘Maze Runner’ Cast
- ‘The Martian’ Opens To $44.6M, Will Pass $100M Worldwide Today – Int’l Box Final
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Karl Glusman Joins ‘Nocturnal Animals’