The DreamWorks Animation chief tells CNBC that his $155M acquisition of Classic Media, which has 450 properties, will help with his expansion plans — including launching digital channels and providing entertainment in China. “We’re going to build on that library,” Katzenberg says. “This is not a last step. It’s a first step.” In addition, he teases that he’s about to announce a new TV show. Responding to a question about the Colorado theater murders, Katzenberg says he does not think it will result in people being searched when they go to the movies.
Classic Media Opens Doors For DreamWorks Animation: Jeffrey Katzenberg
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First