Alamo Drafthouse Cinema’s Drafthouse Films has acquired U.S. rights to The Ambassador, a darkly comic documentary that exposes the corrupt business of selling diplomatic titles at the expense of wartorn, third-world nations, particularly in Africa. The Mads Brugger-directed film will launch on VOD and digital platforms August 4 and get a theatrical berth at the IFC Center in New York on August 29, and The Cinefamily in L.A. and Austin’s Alamo Drafthouse on August 31. The film was financed by Lars von Trier‘s Zentropa.
Drafthouse Films Acquires U.S. Rights To 'The Ambassador'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Put On Leave Of Absence Following Sexual Assault Allegations
- Few Details From News Conference With Lawyer Of Woman At Center Of LAPD Harvey Weinstein Probe
- AFI Fest Centerpieces Set: ‘Call Me By Your Name’, ‘The Disaster Artist’ & ‘Hostiles’
- ‘Boo 2!’s Likely $23M+ Opening Steals Sunshine From ‘Geostorm’, ‘Snowman’…
- Ex-Actress Latest To Accuse Harvey Weinstein Of Sexual Assault
- Jessica Chastain Sitting Bull Painter Pic ‘Woman Walks Ahead’ Snapped Up By A24 & DirecTV