Alamo Drafthouse Cinema’s Drafthouse Films has acquired U.S. rights to The Ambassador, a darkly comic documentary that exposes the corrupt business of selling diplomatic titles at the expense of wartorn, third-world nations, particularly in Africa. The Mads Brugger-directed film will launch on VOD and digital platforms August 4 and get a theatrical berth at the IFC Center in New York on August 29, and The Cinefamily in L.A. and Austin’s Alamo Drafthouse on August 31. The film was financed by Lars von Trier‘s Zentropa.
Drafthouse Films Acquires U.S. Rights To 'The Ambassador'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Empire' Ratings Hit Another New Low, 'Hairspray Live!' Equals Live Low Of 2014's 'Peter Pan' For NBC
Latest Film News
- Producers Guild To Honor ‘Loving’ With Stanley Kramer Award
- ‘Kubo’ Director & Laika Founder Travis Knight Inks With CAA
- Gkids Acquires Dash Shaw’s ‘My Entire High School Sinking Into The Sea’
- Flint Water Crisis Documentary In The Works From Paul Haggis
- Toni Collette & Matthew Goode To Star In Comedy ‘Birthmarked’
- ‘Baywatch’ Trailer: Dwayne Johnson & Zac Efron Are On A Mission To Save The Beach