Alamo Drafthouse Cinema’s Drafthouse Films has acquired U.S. rights to The Ambassador, a darkly comic documentary that exposes the corrupt business of selling diplomatic titles at the expense of wartorn, third-world nations, particularly in Africa. The Mads Brugger-directed film will launch on VOD and digital platforms August 4 and get a theatrical berth at the IFC Center in New York on August 29, and The Cinefamily in L.A. and Austin’s Alamo Drafthouse on August 31. The film was financed by Lars von Trier‘s Zentropa.
Drafthouse Films Acquires U.S. Rights To 'The Ambassador'
What's Hot on Deadline
Nicholas Hoult, Luke Evans & Henry Cavill Suit Up For War Drama ‘Sand Castle’; Mark Gordon Co, Treehouse Producing
Latest Film News
- Wayne Bastrup Takes Flight In ‘Sully’; Beau Knapp Enlists In ‘Sand Castle’
- Timothy Spall And Colm Meaney In ‘The Journey’: First Look
- Alejandro G. Iñárritu Tapped As Featured Speaker At Produced By: New York
- ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2’ Stuntman Slaps Age-Discrimination Suit On Sony, Marvel & Others
- Hollywood Accused Of "White-Washing" Roles Meant For Asians
- Frank Langella Inks With ICM Partners & Circle Of Confusion