Alamo Drafthouse Cinema’s Drafthouse Films has acquired U.S. rights to The Ambassador, a darkly comic documentary that exposes the corrupt business of selling diplomatic titles at the expense of wartorn, third-world nations, particularly in Africa. The Mads Brugger-directed film will launch on VOD and digital platforms August 4 and get a theatrical berth at the IFC Center in New York on August 29, and The Cinefamily in L.A. and Austin’s Alamo Drafthouse on August 31. The film was financed by Lars von Trier‘s Zentropa.
Drafthouse Films Acquires U.S. Rights To 'The Ambassador'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- David DiGilio To Script ‘The Stars My Destination’ Based On Sci-Fi Classic
- Secret Meeting Of Industry Leaders Proposes 4-Point Program To Battle Gender Bias
- Deadline’s The Contenders: The Real Story Behind ‘Black Mass’, Johnny Depp’s Casting & Why Whitey Bulger May Never See…
- Helen Mirren Circles Will Smith Comedy ‘Collateral Beauty’
- Matthew Aldrich To Adapt ‘Opening Belle’ Pic For Reese Witherspoon & Warner Bros
- Oprah Winfrey Memoir Auction Hits 8-Figures; Flatiron Books Leads Pack