Alamo Drafthouse Cinema’s Drafthouse Films has acquired U.S. rights to The Ambassador, a darkly comic documentary that exposes the corrupt business of selling diplomatic titles at the expense of wartorn, third-world nations, particularly in Africa. The Mads Brugger-directed film will launch on VOD and digital platforms August 4 and get a theatrical berth at the IFC Center in New York on August 29, and The Cinefamily in L.A. and Austin’s Alamo Drafthouse on August 31. The film was financed by Lars von Trier‘s Zentropa.
Drafthouse Films Acquires U.S. Rights To 'The Ambassador'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' Scares Off 'Jack Reacher' For No. 1; 'Joneses' Opening Lower Than 'Masterminds' - Sat. Afternoon Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Latest Film News
- Matt Damon, Cheo Coker Among Featured Speakers At Produced By New York 2016
- Director Tim Miller, Ryan Reynolds Part Company On ‘Deadpool 2’
- ‘Madea’ Scares Off ‘Jack Reacher’ For No. 1; ‘Joneses’ Opening Lower Than ‘Masterminds’ – Sat…
- Kevin Meaney Dies: Veteran Comic And Actor Was 60
- Ex-State Sen. Ron Calderon Sentenced In Film Incentives Bribe Case
- ‘Neruda’ Trailer: Life On The Run For Chilean Poet & Political Firebrand