Alamo Drafthouse Cinema’s Drafthouse Films has acquired U.S. rights to The Ambassador, a darkly comic documentary that exposes the corrupt business of selling diplomatic titles at the expense of wartorn, third-world nations, particularly in Africa. The Mads Brugger-directed film will launch on VOD and digital platforms August 4 and get a theatrical berth at the IFC Center in New York on August 29, and The Cinefamily in L.A. and Austin’s Alamo Drafthouse on August 31. The film was financed by Lars von Trier‘s Zentropa.
Drafthouse Films Acquires U.S. Rights To 'The Ambassador'
What's Hot on Deadline
Alicia Vikander Launches Vikarious Productions; Sets First Project 'Euphoria' With Eva Green- Cannes
Latest Film News
- Sumner Redstone Trial: "Severely Impaired" Mogul Is Suffering From Dementia, Doctor Tells Court
- Ben Affleck Elevates ‘Justice League’ Presence; Becomes Exec Producer
- Vertical Entertainment Grabs Atlas Independent Drug War Thriller ‘The Hollow Point’
- Bill Draper Steps Into Physical Production Presidency At Warner Bros
- Jesse Peretz Seals Deal To Direct ‘Juliet Naked,’ Based On Nick Hornby Book