Joss Whedon‘s web series Dr Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog is coming to the CW next year, the director of Marvel’s The Avengers director said this evening at Comic-Con. He did not say when the series would air, nor whether new episodes will be made for TV. The network didn’t have dates or times either. The original series stars Neil Patrick Harris, Nathan Fillion and Felicia Day and streamed online over three acts in July 2008. Whedon directed and wrote the miniseries with his brothers Zack and Jed and wife Maurissa Tancharoen. His announcement today came at the end of a wide-ranging discussion by the director on a number of topics at a panel for Dark Horse Comics. Whedon has been a noteworthy presence at Comic-Con this year, appearing on several panels and events including today’s 10th anniversary panel for his cult sci-fi series Firefly. While there, he said he remains undecided about abwhether to return to the director’s chair for a sequel to The Avengers.
Comic-Con: Joss Whedon Says His 'Dr Horrible' Web Series To Air On The CW
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Patten
- 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Hit Low, CBS & Fox Tackled By NFL Overruns
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms