Joss Whedon‘s web series Dr Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog is coming to the CW next year, the director of Marvel’s The Avengers director said this evening at Comic-Con. He did not say when the series would air, nor whether new episodes will be made for TV. The network didn’t have dates or times either. The original series stars Neil Patrick Harris, Nathan Fillion and Felicia Day and streamed online over three acts in July 2008. Whedon directed and wrote the miniseries with his brothers Zack and Jed and wife Maurissa Tancharoen. His announcement today came at the end of a wide-ranging discussion by the director on a number of topics at a panel for Dark Horse Comics. Whedon has been a noteworthy presence at Comic-Con this year, appearing on several panels and events including today’s 10th anniversary panel for his cult sci-fi series Firefly. While there, he said he remains undecided about abwhether to return to the director’s chair for a sequel to The Avengers.
Comic-Con: Joss Whedon Says His 'Dr Horrible' Web Series To Air On The CW
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Golden Globes Nominations: 'The Shape Of Water' & 'The Post' Tops In Film, 'Big Little Lies' Leads TV
Latest TV News
- Steve Edwards Out At ‘Good Day LA’ After 20-Plus Years
- CNN Suspends Ryan Lizza After New Yorker Cuts Ties Over “Improper Sexual Conduct”
- Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom’s Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still “KeatonStrong”?
- White House Dismisses Donald Trump Accusers As Sen. Gillibrand Demands Resignation
- ‘This Is Us’ Creator Dan Fogelman Teases Second Half Of Season 2: Aftermath Of Kevin’s DUI, Adoption & More
- Kenya Barris/Alec Baldwin Family Comedy Gets Straight-To-Series Order By ABC