Joss Whedon‘s web series Dr Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog is coming to the CW next year, the director of Marvel’s The Avengers director said this evening at Comic-Con. He did not say when the series would air, nor whether new episodes will be made for TV. The network didn’t have dates or times either. The original series stars Neil Patrick Harris, Nathan Fillion and Felicia Day and streamed online over three acts in July 2008. Whedon directed and wrote the miniseries with his brothers Zack and Jed and wife Maurissa Tancharoen. His announcement today came at the end of a wide-ranging discussion by the director on a number of topics at a panel for Dark Horse Comics. Whedon has been a noteworthy presence at Comic-Con this year, appearing on several panels and events including today’s 10th anniversary panel for his cult sci-fi series Firefly. While there, he said he remains undecided about abwhether to return to the director’s chair for a sequel to The Avengers.
Comic-Con: Joss Whedon Says His 'Dr Horrible' Web Series To Air On The CW
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign