Joss Whedon‘s web series Dr Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog is coming to the CW next year, the director of Marvel’s The Avengers director said this evening at Comic-Con. He did not say when the series would air, nor whether new episodes will be made for TV. The network didn’t have dates or times either. The original series stars Neil Patrick Harris, Nathan Fillion and Felicia Day and streamed online over three acts in July 2008. Whedon directed and wrote the miniseries with his brothers Zack and Jed and wife Maurissa Tancharoen. His announcement today came at the end of a wide-ranging discussion by the director on a number of topics at a panel for Dark Horse Comics. Whedon has been a noteworthy presence at Comic-Con this year, appearing on several panels and events including today’s 10th anniversary panel for his cult sci-fi series Firefly. While there, he said he remains undecided about abwhether to return to the director’s chair for a sequel to The Avengers.
Comic-Con: Joss Whedon Says His 'Dr Horrible' Web Series To Air On The CW
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Legal Drama ‘Conviction’ From Mark Gordon Company As Put Pilot
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS