The benchmark was helped considerably by mega-blockbuster Marvel’s The Avengers and its domestic haul of $611.1M. So Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures will pass $1 billion in domestic gross today, becoming the first studio to reach the milestone this year. This is the fastest Disney has ever reached the billion dollar mark (188 days), beating the previous studio record of 210 days set in 2010. This also marks the 16th time in the last 19 years (and the last 7 years in a row) that Disney has acheived this.
Disney Passing $1B Domestic Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
'Fear The Walking Dead' EP Gale Anne Hurd Talks Explosive Midseason Finale, 'Walking Dead' Season 7 & What's Next
'Angry Birds' Takes Flight With $38M No. 1 Debut, 'Sorority' Rushes $21.7M, 'Nice Guys' Finish Last With $11.2M - Final B.O.
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Hadestown’ Brings New Orleans Style To Orpheus & Eurydice Tale – Review
- Rajiv Joseph’s ‘Guards At The Taj’ Named Obie Awards’ Best New Play
- Broadway’s 2015-2016 Season Ends On $1.37B High Note
- ‘Angry Birds’ Takes Flight With $38M No. 1 Debut, ‘Sorority’ Rushes $21.7M, ‘Nice Guys’ Finish Last With $11.2M…
- ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Dawns With $101.5M; ‘Angry Birds’ Sings With $55.5M, ‘Zootopia’ #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide – Intl Box…
- iPic Conspiracy Claim Against AMC & Regal Will Go To Trial In Clearances Case