The benchmark was helped considerably by mega-blockbuster Marvel’s The Avengers and its domestic haul of $611.1M. So Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures will pass $1 billion in domestic gross today, becoming the first studio to reach the milestone this year. This is the fastest Disney has ever reached the billion dollar mark (188 days), beating the previous studio record of 210 days set in 2010. This also marks the 16th time in the last 19 years (and the last 7 years in a row) that Disney has acheived this.
Disney Passing $1B Domestic Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
'The Expendables 4' Muscles Up: Sylvester Stallone Action Pic & 'Rambo 5' Sell To China In Eight-Figure Co-Fi Deal
Billboard Music Awards Ratings Hit Low, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Finale Rises, NBA Up With Warriors' Win
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Solo’ Could Break $139M Stateside Memorial Day Opening Record; Global Conquest Eyes $305M+
- ‘A Quiet Place’ Now Louder Than ‘Get Out’ As Paramount Rebounds At The B.O.
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Muscular On Monday For R-Rated Pic With $12M+
- Broadway Box Office Steady With Prior Week, Remains 14% Ahead Of 2016-17
- ‘Scarface’ Returning To The Big Screen For 35th Anniversary
- ‘Sweeney Todd’ Sets Date When It Will Bake Its Last Off-Broadway Meat Pie