The benchmark was helped considerably by mega-blockbuster Marvel’s The Avengers and its domestic haul of $611.1M. So Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures will pass $1 billion in domestic gross today, becoming the first studio to reach the milestone this year. This is the fastest Disney has ever reached the billion dollar mark (188 days), beating the previous studio record of 210 days set in 2010. This also marks the 16th time in the last 19 years (and the last 7 years in a row) that Disney has acheived this.
Disney Passing $1B Domestic Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
'Isle Of Dogs': Kunichi Nomura On The Asian Authenticity Of Wes Anderson's Stop-Motion Canine Adventure
Latest Box Office News
- No. 5 ‘It’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’ Takes No. 1 With $23M+; ‘Black Panther’ Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating ‘Avengers…
- Wes Anderson Returns With 'Isle Of Dogs'; Stanley Tucci Back With 'Final Portrait' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Frozen’ Review: Broadway Lets It Go With Full-Throated Adaptation
- ‘Annihilation’ Targets Spring Theatrical Release In China
- No. 6 ‘Wonder Woman’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament