The benchmark was helped considerably by mega-blockbuster Marvel’s The Avengers and its domestic haul of $611.1M. So Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures will pass $1 billion in domestic gross today, becoming the first studio to reach the milestone this year. This is the fastest Disney has ever reached the billion dollar mark (188 days), beating the previous studio record of 210 days set in 2010. This also marks the 16th time in the last 19 years (and the last 7 years in a row) that Disney has acheived this.
Disney Passing $1B Domestic Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow - International Box Office
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest Box Office News
- 'I, Tonya' Ices Robust Weekend; 'Disaster Artist', 'Shape of Water' & 'Call Me By Your Name' Expand – Specialty…
- Disney-Fox Films Controlling 90% Of Weekend Box Office Spurred By ‘Last Jedi’ – Update
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow – International Box Office
- ‘The Last Jedi’ Now Opening To $220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The ‘Star Wars’ Franchise…
- Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’ Faces $18M Lawsuit Over Poorly Performing Pic
- New York’s Famed Lincoln Plaza Art House Theatre Scheduled To Close In January