The benchmark was helped considerably by mega-blockbuster Marvel’s The Avengers and its domestic haul of $611.1M. So Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures will pass $1 billion in domestic gross today, becoming the first studio to reach the milestone this year. This is the fastest Disney has ever reached the billion dollar mark (188 days), beating the previous studio record of 210 days set in 2010. This also marks the 16th time in the last 19 years (and the last 7 years in a row) that Disney has acheived this.
Disney Passing $1B Domestic Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
Latest Box Office News
- Broadway B.O. Leaps Even As ‘Lion King’ & ‘Wicked’ Feel Winter Chill
- Saudi Arabia: ‘The Emoji Movie’ & ‘Captain Underpants’ Are First Films To Screen
- ‘Three Seconds’: Olympic Basketball Drama Is Russia’s Highest-Grossing Movie Ever
- ‘Aladdin’ Review: Stage Adaptation Of Disney Classic Dazzles L.A. With A Familiar Magic Carpet Ride
- ‘Jumanji’ Keeps Offshore Crown, Nears $400M; ‘Last Jedi’ Waltzes Past ‘Beauty’ Worldwide – International Box…
- Golden Globes Winners 'Three Billboards' & 'Lady Bird' Cash In; 'Phantom Thread' Expands Solid – Specialty Box Office