EXCLUSIVE: One-Two Punch Productions will exec produce through Sony Pictures Television and Taylor Sheridan will write. Grass Valley is the story of two brothers whose lives and livelihoods are inextricably tied to the marijuana boomtown of Ukiah, California. When the DEA launches an assault on California’s medical marijuana industry they begin at ground zero — Grass Valley. Spera, former Mark Gordon Co TV president, parnered with former Lifetime exec Grasso to launch One-Two Punch about a year ago. The two met while working on Lifetime’s Army Wives, which Spera had developed. Spera served as executive producer on Army Wives and CBS’ Criminal Minds during her tenure at Mark Gordon Co. Before that she spent eight years at Showtime, where she was VP of movies, minis and series. Grasso previously served as SVP of scripted series and current programming at Lifetime; as an executive at The WB, where she bought and developed Everwood, One Tree Hill and Supernatural; as well as at Warner Bros TV, Universal TV and Comedy Central. Spera and Grasso are repped by WME.
Deb Spera And Maria Grasso's One-Two Punch Sets Up Drug Drama 'Grass Valley' At AMC
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Team
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa