Is David Tennant the hardest working man in British television? After signing on in April to star in BBC Four mini The Spies Of Warsaw, then two weeks ago boarding BBC Two’s The Politician’s Husband, the erstwhile Doctor Who is now lending his talent to ITV. Tennant will star in Broadchurch, an eight-part drama from Life On Mars and Law & Order: UK producer Kudos Film and Television. Olivia Colman and Vicky McClure also star. The ensemble explores what happens to a small coastal community when a media frenzy comes to town after a young boy is murdered. Tennant plays the police detective leading the investigation. Created by Camelot exec producer Chris Chibnall, Broadchurch’s first and last two episodes will be directed by James Strong, whose credits include Downton Abbey. Law & Order: UK’s Richard Stokes is producing. The Hour’s Jane Featherstone is exec producing with Chibnall. Shooting starts in mid-August.
David Tennant Joins ITV & Kudos' Ensemble Drama 'Broadchurch'
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Now At $82M+, 'Alice' Taking A Spill With $40M Over 4-Day Memorial Day Holiday - Friday PM Update
Sequel To Cult Sci-Fi Pic 'The Man From Earth' A Go With Vanessa Williams, Sterling Knight Among Cast
Latest TV News
- ‘Chelsea’ Executive Producer Bill Wolff Departs Netflix Talk Show
- Indie Producers Say They're Getting Shortchanged By California's Tax Incentives Program
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ‘The Circus’ Is Apt Name For Showtime Docuseries Chronicling…
- ‘Glee’ Actor Mark Salling Indicted On Child Porn Charges, Faces 20 Years In Prison
- Donald Trump Backs Out Of Debate With Bernie Sanders, TV Networks Mourn
- Viacom’s Battle With Sumner Redstone Could Hurt Credit, S&P Says