Is David Tennant the hardest working man in British television? After signing on in April to star in BBC Four mini The Spies Of Warsaw, then two weeks ago boarding BBC Two’s The Politician’s Husband, the erstwhile Doctor Who is now lending his talent to ITV. Tennant will star in Broadchurch, an eight-part drama from Life On Mars and Law & Order: UK producer Kudos Film and Television. Olivia Colman and Vicky McClure also star. The ensemble explores what happens to a small coastal community when a media frenzy comes to town after a young boy is murdered. Tennant plays the police detective leading the investigation. Created by Camelot exec producer Chris Chibnall, Broadchurch’s first and last two episodes will be directed by James Strong, whose credits include Downton Abbey. Law & Order: UK’s Richard Stokes is producing. The Hour’s Jane Featherstone is exec producing with Chibnall. Shooting starts in mid-August.
David Tennant Joins ITV & Kudos' Ensemble Drama 'Broadchurch'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers' Less Than Meets The Eye With Near $60M Five-Day Domestic Opening - Midday B.O. Update
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
Latest TV News
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’
- ‘Downward Dog’ Canceled By ABC After 1 Season, Will Be Shopped To Other Nets
- ‘My Dinner With Hervé’: Mireille Enos Among Three Cast In HBO Movie