Is David Tennant the hardest working man in British television? After signing on in April to star in BBC Four mini The Spies Of Warsaw, then two weeks ago boarding BBC Two’s The Politician’s Husband, the erstwhile Doctor Who is now lending his talent to ITV. Tennant will star in Broadchurch, an eight-part drama from Life On Mars and Law & Order: UK producer Kudos Film and Television. Olivia Colman and Vicky McClure also star. The ensemble explores what happens to a small coastal community when a media frenzy comes to town after a young boy is murdered. Tennant plays the police detective leading the investigation. Created by Camelot exec producer Chris Chibnall, Broadchurch’s first and last two episodes will be directed by James Strong, whose credits include Downton Abbey. Law & Order: UK’s Richard Stokes is producing. The Hour’s Jane Featherstone is exec producing with Chibnall. Shooting starts in mid-August.
David Tennant Joins ITV & Kudos' Ensemble Drama 'Broadchurch'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Mel Gibson’s ‘Hacksaw Ridge’ Sweeps Australia’s AACTA Awards
- ‘South Park’ Season Of Serialization Ends With Donald Trump Surrogate Still In White House
- Madonna Twerks, Vamps, Pouts, Fashion-Critiques Through Carpool Karaoke With James Corden
- Stephen Colbert Torches Donald Trump’s National Security Adviser Pick, Pizzagate, Wikileaks
- ‘Hairspray Live!’ Integrates Ads And Audiences Into NBC’s Holiday Musical – Review
- Adrianne Tolsch Dead: Pivotal Stand-Up Comic, Wife Of ‘Letterman’ Writer Was 78