Is David Tennant the hardest working man in British television? After signing on in April to star in BBC Four mini The Spies Of Warsaw, then two weeks ago boarding BBC Two’s The Politician’s Husband, the erstwhile Doctor Who is now lending his talent to ITV. Tennant will star in Broadchurch, an eight-part drama from Life On Mars and Law & Order: UK producer Kudos Film and Television. Olivia Colman and Vicky McClure also star. The ensemble explores what happens to a small coastal community when a media frenzy comes to town after a young boy is murdered. Tennant plays the police detective leading the investigation. Created by Camelot exec producer Chris Chibnall, Broadchurch’s first and last two episodes will be directed by James Strong, whose credits include Downton Abbey. Law & Order: UK’s Richard Stokes is producing. The Hour’s Jane Featherstone is exec producing with Chibnall. Shooting starts in mid-August.
David Tennant Joins ITV & Kudos' Ensemble Drama 'Broadchurch'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest TV News
- Fox News Launching Standalone Subscription Service Fox Nation
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Fergie Apologizes For NBA All-Star Game National Anthem That “Didn’t Strike The Intended Tone”
- Donald Trump Will Attend This Year’s Gridiron Dinner; Still A “Maybe” On White House Correspondents…
- David Parfitt Accuses Harvey Weinstein Of Assaulting Him On ‘My Week With Marilyn’
- NBA All-Star Game Scores In Ratings For TNT & TBS