David S. Goyer’s historical fantasy series Da Vinci’s Demons was picked up straight to series by Starz with an eight-episode order back in October. Now Fox International Channels has come aboard the Starz-BBC Worldwide co-production to become the exclusive first window pay-TV broadcaster in territories outside the U.S. and Canada, similar to distribution deals it has struck for Dexter, Touch and The Walking Dead. Demons will roll out across FIC’s 200 channels in 120 countries when it premieres in early 2013; BBC Worldwide has all other international rights. The series stars Tom Riley as Leonardo Da Vinci in the untold story of the world’s greatest genius, who comes of age as an artist, inventor, swordsman, lover, dreamer and idealist in Renaissance Florence. Production is underway in Wales.
Fox International Channels Boards 'Da Vinci's Demons'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest International News
- ‘Miss Hokusai’ Trailer: Japanese Toon From Gkids’ & ‘Ghost In The Shell’ Creators
- Alibaba Pictures Group Cites Online Build-Up In $69M Loss, Despite Earnings Gains
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Feeling Backlash From China Audiences Over 3D Version
- Crime Series ‘Marcella’ Returning To ITV & Netflix For 2nd Season – Edinburgh
- Covert Media Launches Lexica Films For Foreign-Language Pics; First Project Is ‘Earthquake’
- Construction Worker Killed On ‘Blade Runner’ Set In Hungary