David S. Goyer’s historical fantasy series Da Vinci’s Demons was picked up straight to series by Starz with an eight-episode order back in October. Now Fox International Channels has come aboard the Starz-BBC Worldwide co-production to become the exclusive first window pay-TV broadcaster in territories outside the U.S. and Canada, similar to distribution deals it has struck for Dexter, Touch and The Walking Dead. Demons will roll out across FIC’s 200 channels in 120 countries when it premieres in early 2013; BBC Worldwide has all other international rights. The series stars Tom Riley as Leonardo Da Vinci in the untold story of the world’s greatest genius, who comes of age as an artist, inventor, swordsman, lover, dreamer and idealist in Renaissance Florence. Production is underway in Wales.
Fox International Channels Boards 'Da Vinci's Demons'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest International News
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- ‘Justice League’ Unites $27.3M After Two Days At International Box Office
- Warner Bros Launches China Exchange Program With Casting, Management Focus
- ‘White Sun’ EP Danny Glover On The Hope Children Bring For The Future Of The Political Process
- Streaming Service BritBox Launches Xmas Specials and Simulcasts UK Shows
- Al Franken Apologizes After Radio Host Posts Photo Of Him Groping Her During ’06 USO Trip