David S. Goyer’s historical fantasy series Da Vinci’s Demons was picked up straight to series by Starz with an eight-episode order back in October. Now Fox International Channels has come aboard the Starz-BBC Worldwide co-production to become the exclusive first window pay-TV broadcaster in territories outside the U.S. and Canada, similar to distribution deals it has struck for Dexter, Touch and The Walking Dead. Demons will roll out across FIC’s 200 channels in 120 countries when it premieres in early 2013; BBC Worldwide has all other international rights. The series stars Tom Riley as Leonardo Da Vinci in the untold story of the world’s greatest genius, who comes of age as an artist, inventor, swordsman, lover, dreamer and idealist in Renaissance Florence. Production is underway in Wales.
Fox International Channels Boards 'Da Vinci's Demons'
What's Hot on Deadline
'It' Becoming Biggest Horror Pic Ever Beating 'The Exorcist'; 'Annabelle: Creation' Scares Up $100M+
Latest International News
- ‘Poster Boy’: David Parfitt Producing Story Of 1930s Tennis Ace Gottfried Von Cramm
- Matt Damon To Receive Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award From BAFTA LA
- Venice Winner ‘Nico, 1988’ Acquired By Magnolia Pictures
- 20th Century Fox, UK-Based Locksmith Animation Enter Into Multi-Year Production Deal
- ‘Anna And The Apocalypse’ Trailer: Zombie Christmas Musical Dawns At Fantastic Fest
- eOne Extends Film Distribution To Germany; Benjamina Mirnik-Voges Will Run Local Shop