David S. Goyer’s historical fantasy series Da Vinci’s Demons was picked up straight to series by Starz with an eight-episode order back in October. Now Fox International Channels has come aboard the Starz-BBC Worldwide co-production to become the exclusive first window pay-TV broadcaster in territories outside the U.S. and Canada, similar to distribution deals it has struck for Dexter, Touch and The Walking Dead. Demons will roll out across FIC’s 200 channels in 120 countries when it premieres in early 2013; BBC Worldwide has all other international rights. The series stars Tom Riley as Leonardo Da Vinci in the untold story of the world’s greatest genius, who comes of age as an artist, inventor, swordsman, lover, dreamer and idealist in Renaissance Florence. Production is underway in Wales.
Fox International Channels Boards 'Da Vinci's Demons'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- Christoph Waltz To Make Directorial Debut With ‘Worst Marriage In Georgetown': Cannes
- Tony Nominee Christopher Wheeldon Signs With CAA
- First Look At New Horror Film ‘JeruZalem’ From Emerging Israeli Directors — Trailer
- BBC America Sets ‘Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell’ Premiere – Trailer
- Heath Ledger Scholarship Finalists Set; Scotland Applies For Studio – Global Briefs
- Studiocanal Doubles Down On Family Fare: Reteams With Nick Park And Gilles De Maistre For New Pics – Cannes