David S. Goyer’s historical fantasy series Da Vinci’s Demons was picked up straight to series by Starz with an eight-episode order back in October. Now Fox International Channels has come aboard the Starz-BBC Worldwide co-production to become the exclusive first window pay-TV broadcaster in territories outside the U.S. and Canada, similar to distribution deals it has struck for Dexter, Touch and The Walking Dead. Demons will roll out across FIC’s 200 channels in 120 countries when it premieres in early 2013; BBC Worldwide has all other international rights. The series stars Tom Riley as Leonardo Da Vinci in the untold story of the world’s greatest genius, who comes of age as an artist, inventor, swordsman, lover, dreamer and idealist in Renaissance Florence. Production is underway in Wales.
Fox International Channels Boards 'Da Vinci's Demons'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jack Reacher 2' & 'Madea' Still Wrestling Over No. 1; 'Joneses' Opening Lower Than 'Masterminds' - Friday Night Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Latest International News
- Sony Pictures Int’l Pacts With Producers Eduardo Cisneros & Jason Shuman
- Len Blavatnik’s AI Film Boards Margot Robbie-Starrer ‘I, Tonya’
- China’s Alibaba Pictures Takes Film Rights To Children’s Book Series ‘Warriors’
- Jesse Plemons Joins Kirsten Dunst’s Directorial Debut ‘The Bell Jar’
- Another Anti-Trump Documentary On Way: ‘You’ve Been Trumped Too’
- Lily James Set To Star In ‘The Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Pie Society’