David S. Goyer’s historical fantasy series Da Vinci’s Demons was picked up straight to series by Starz with an eight-episode order back in October. Now Fox International Channels has come aboard the Starz-BBC Worldwide co-production to become the exclusive first window pay-TV broadcaster in territories outside the U.S. and Canada, similar to distribution deals it has struck for Dexter, Touch and The Walking Dead. Demons will roll out across FIC’s 200 channels in 120 countries when it premieres in early 2013; BBC Worldwide has all other international rights. The series stars Tom Riley as Leonardo Da Vinci in the untold story of the world’s greatest genius, who comes of age as an artist, inventor, swordsman, lover, dreamer and idealist in Renaissance Florence. Production is underway in Wales.
Fox International Channels Boards 'Da Vinci's Demons'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Martian' Frying 'Pan' At The Weekend Box Office; New York & L.A. Embracing 'Steve Jobs' - Friday Afternoon Update
Latest International News
- Christopher Nolan Mum On New Project At London Film Festival Talk
- Lionsgate & iQIYI Ink China Streaming Pact; Film Movement Hearts Korea’s ‘My Love, Don’t Cross That River’…
- Mipcom: Market Abuzz With Drama As Spotlight Shifts From Non-Scripted
- Timothy Spall And Colm Meaney In ‘The Journey’: First Look
- Green-Light Launches International Sales Arm Led By Christian De Gallegos – AFM
- Oscars: Academy Finalizes Foreign-Language Film Contenders