David S. Goyer’s historical fantasy series Da Vinci’s Demons was picked up straight to series by Starz with an eight-episode order back in October. Now Fox International Channels has come aboard the Starz-BBC Worldwide co-production to become the exclusive first window pay-TV broadcaster in territories outside the U.S. and Canada, similar to distribution deals it has struck for Dexter, Touch and The Walking Dead. Demons will roll out across FIC’s 200 channels in 120 countries when it premieres in early 2013; BBC Worldwide has all other international rights. The series stars Tom Riley as Leonardo Da Vinci in the untold story of the world’s greatest genius, who comes of age as an artist, inventor, swordsman, lover, dreamer and idealist in Renaissance Florence. Production is underway in Wales.
Fox International Channels Boards 'Da Vinci's Demons'
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
Latest International News
- Lorenzo di Bonaventura On Moviegoing In A Streaming World: “We Still Have The Advantage Of Spectacle”
- Model Amy Elmore Shares Harrowing Personal Abuse: “It’s Time To Talk About Sexual Predators In The Modeling Business”…
- Jacki Weaver, James Caan Join ‘Out Of Blue’ Neo-Noir Feature From Carol Morley
- Mipcom Gets Crafty, Social Ups Ante, Broadcasters Face Streaming Squeeze
- ‘France’s Got Talent’ Season Suspended After Judge Accused Of Sexual Harassment
- Harvey Weinstein Stripped Of 2002 BFI Fellowship