Tony Award-winning costume designer Martin Pakledinaz died this morning at his home in New York City after a long illness. Pakledinaz was 58. During a career spanning more than three decades he designed hundreds of theater, opera, dance and film pieces. Current Broadway productions featuring his work include Nice Work If You Can Get It and Anything Goes, both of which earned him Tony nominations. Pakledinaz’s most recent movie work was for My Week With Marilyn directed by Simon Curtis. He won Tonys for the Broadway revival of Kiss Me Kate and for Thoroughly Modern Millie. Additional nominations include his work on Lend Me A Tenor, Blithe Spirit, Gypsy (with Patti Lupone), The Pajama Game, Golden Child and The Life. Other notable Broadway work included Master Class, The Normal Heart, Grease and The Boys From Syracuse. Off Broadway, he worked on Edelstein’s revival of The Glass Menagerie with Judith Ivey and Horton Foote’s The Trip to Bountiful (with Lois Smith, directed by Harris Yulin). Pakledinaz’s work in modern and classical dance include his collaboration with Mark Morris and such works as The Hard Nut and Delibe’s Sylvia for the San Francisco Ballet. He also designed sets and costumes for the 2012 premiere of Don Quixote at San Francisco Ballet. Pakledinaz also collaborated with Peter Sellars on productions in Spain, Salzburg, Paris, New York and at the Santa Fe Opera.
R.I.P. Martin Pakledinaz
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- Oscar-Winning Producer Dan Jinks Says Let’s Snub The Snubs – Guest Column
- Magnolia Picks Up Gustav Möller’s ‘The Guilty’ After Sundance Bow
- Ari Aster, Writer-Director Of Sundance Midnight Pic ‘Hereditary’, Inks With WME
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter
- ‘The Long Dumb Road’: Jason Mantzoukas Discovers Some Mindblowing Details About The ‘Fast & Furious’ Pics…
- Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is ‘Clue’ With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Reese…