Tony Award-winning costume designer Martin Pakledinaz died this morning at his home in New York City after a long illness. Pakledinaz was 58. During a career spanning more than three decades he designed hundreds of theater, opera, dance and film pieces. Current Broadway productions featuring his work include Nice Work If You Can Get It and Anything Goes, both of which earned him Tony nominations. Pakledinaz’s most recent movie work was for My Week With Marilyn directed by Simon Curtis. He won Tonys for the Broadway revival of Kiss Me Kate and for Thoroughly Modern Millie. Additional nominations include his work on Lend Me A Tenor, Blithe Spirit, Gypsy (with Patti Lupone), The Pajama Game, Golden Child and The Life. Other notable Broadway work included Master Class, The Normal Heart, Grease and The Boys From Syracuse. Off Broadway, he worked on Edelstein’s revival of The Glass Menagerie with Judith Ivey and Horton Foote’s The Trip to Bountiful (with Lois Smith, directed by Harris Yulin). Pakledinaz’s work in modern and classical dance include his collaboration with Mark Morris and such works as The Hard Nut and Delibe’s Sylvia for the San Francisco Ballet. He also designed sets and costumes for the 2012 premiere of Don Quixote at San Francisco Ballet. Pakledinaz also collaborated with Peter Sellars on productions in Spain, Salzburg, Paris, New York and at the Santa Fe Opera.
R.I.P. Martin Pakledinaz
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox News Reveals "Smoking Gun" That They're Spying On Andrea Tantaros, Claims Ex-Host's Lawyer Amidst Sanctions Move By Newser
Latest Film News
- Diane Keaton’s AFI Life Achievement Tribute Sets TNT Airdate, Cinematographer Also To Be Feted
- ‘Wonder’ Trailer: First Look At Julia Roberts-Jacob Tremblay Heart-Tugger
- Deadline Disruptors 2017: Here’s The 100-Page Issue In PDF Form
- Studiocanal, UMG, Terra Mater Pact For Pics; IMAX Adds Euro Screens – Cannes Briefs
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Sets Jack Kesy As Villain: Could He Be Black Tom?
- Rob Reiner’s ‘LBJ’ Getting November Release From Electric Entertainment