Tony Award-winning costume designer Martin Pakledinaz died this morning at his home in New York City after a long illness. Pakledinaz was 58. During a career spanning more than three decades he designed hundreds of theater, opera, dance and film pieces. Current Broadway productions featuring his work include Nice Work If You Can Get It and Anything Goes, both of which earned him Tony nominations. Pakledinaz’s most recent movie work was for My Week With Marilyn directed by Simon Curtis. He won Tonys for the Broadway revival of Kiss Me Kate and for Thoroughly Modern Millie. Additional nominations include his work on Lend Me A Tenor, Blithe Spirit, Gypsy (with Patti Lupone), The Pajama Game, Golden Child and The Life. Other notable Broadway work included Master Class, The Normal Heart, Grease and The Boys From Syracuse. Off Broadway, he worked on Edelstein’s revival of The Glass Menagerie with Judith Ivey and Horton Foote’s The Trip to Bountiful (with Lois Smith, directed by Harris Yulin). Pakledinaz’s work in modern and classical dance include his collaboration with Mark Morris and such works as The Hard Nut and Delibe’s Sylvia for the San Francisco Ballet. He also designed sets and costumes for the 2012 premiere of Don Quixote at San Francisco Ballet. Pakledinaz also collaborated with Peter Sellars on productions in Spain, Salzburg, Paris, New York and at the Santa Fe Opera.
R.I.P. Martin Pakledinaz
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars To Mid-$30M After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx,' $1.2M, 'Founder,' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday - UPDATE
Hollywood Reacts To Trump Inauguration: "Country Is Lost", Tweets Alec Baldwin; Scott Baio Proud To Be "Deplorable"
Obama Can't Stop Speechifying As President Trump Signs First Bill, Forcing TV Networks To Make Choices
Latest Film News
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Producer & Author After Seeing Full Tape: Dog Was Not In Danger
- Common Joins Sundance Pic ‘Burning Sands’ As EP, Will Contribute Original Song
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: The Lull Before The Oscar Storm; Katzenberg Gets Nostalgic; Gosling Wows SAG Again…
- He’s Back! James Cameron To Godfather ‘Terminator’ With ‘Deadpool’ Helmer Tim Miller
- Ted Sarandos On Netflix In The Age Of Donald Trump & What’s Next – Sundance Studio
- ‘Band Aid’ Sundance Clip: Zoe Lister-Jones & Adam Pally Turn A Couple’s Grief Into Song