EXCLUSIVE: Sources tell Deadline that the Django Unchained producer and The Man With The Iron Fists director/star last night finalized an arrangement to work together on a series of projects. While the projects are unnamed as of yet, the plan is for the duo to direct and produce a series of comic-related projects and possibly create their own company. At least one of those projects could be in the superhero genre, Deadline is told, based on Hudlin’s comic book past. The former BET President and House Party director wrote The Black Panther series for Marvel from 2005 to 2008. The Black Panther, a modern day African chief and past Avengers member in the Marvel universe, has been rumored repeatedly as a possible upcoming feature as Marvel expands its successful onscreen properties. Hip hop star RZA’s feature directorial debut The Man With The Iron Fists was given a November 2 release date by Universal Pictures today. The martial arts film, shot in China, was produced by Quentin Tarantino from a script by Eli Roth and RZA. The former Wu-Tang Clan frontman took center stage on both sides of the camera in the film, which co-stars Russell Crowe and Lucy Liu and Pam Grier among others. RZA is repped by ICM Partners and managed by Joe Carlone. Hudlin is repped by 3Arts Entertainment.
Comic-Con: Reginald Hudlin & RZA Team Up For Comic-Based Film Projects
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Paramount Beats Class Action Lawsuit Over Credit Checks For Job Applicants
- Fox Searchlight Picks Up ‘He Named Me Malala’ About Youngest Nobel Winner
- DreamWorks Animation Shares Score On ‘Home,’ But Is It Enough?
- ‘Cinderella’ Returns To Top Of Offshore Box Office; ‘Home’ Rounds $48M – Update
- New ‘Jurassic World’ Teaser: Bystanders Carried Off By Pterosaurs
- Bart & Fleming: A Mea Culpa; Frank Sinatra Re-Cast; Tent Pole Assembly Line