EXCLUSIVE: Sources tell Deadline that the Django Unchained producer and The Man With The Iron Fists director/star last night finalized an arrangement to work together on a series of projects. While the projects are unnamed as of yet, the plan is for the duo to direct and produce a series of comic-related projects and possibly create their own company. At least one of those projects could be in the superhero genre, Deadline is told, based on Hudlin’s comic book past. The former BET President and House Party director wrote The Black Panther series for Marvel from 2005 to 2008. The Black Panther, a modern day African chief and past Avengers member in the Marvel universe, has been rumored repeatedly as a possible upcoming feature as Marvel expands its successful onscreen properties. Hip hop star RZA’s feature directorial debut The Man With The Iron Fists was given a November 2 release date by Universal Pictures today. The martial arts film, shot in China, was produced by Quentin Tarantino from a script by Eli Roth and RZA. The former Wu-Tang Clan frontman took center stage on both sides of the camera in the film, which co-stars Russell Crowe and Lucy Liu and Pam Grier among others. RZA is repped by ICM Partners and managed by Joe Carlone. Hudlin is repped by 3Arts Entertainment.
Comic-Con: Reginald Hudlin & RZA Team Up For Comic-Based Film Projects
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ To World Premiere In Shanghai
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 5 – Milo Ventimiglia, Cobie Smulders, Justin Long, Martin Landau & More
- Jeff Goldblum Books Trip To ‘Jurassic World’ Sequel
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Universal’s ‘Half To Death’ & ‘The Snowman’ Swap Slots; ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Moves Off 2017 Schedule…
- Netflix Picks Up Alfre Woodard-Starring Drama ‘Juanita’