Producer Rick Benattar (Reel Steel, Ironclad) and newly formed production and financing company Cascade FilmWorks have signed on to co-finance the live-action feature adaptation of the popular webcomic Last Blood. Debuting as an online comic in 2006, Last Blood has attracted more than 20 million readers worldwide, the producers said. It takes place in a future in which vampires battle zombies to protect the last surviving humans and preserve their supply of fresh blood. Mutant Chronicles helmer Simon Hunter is directing the web-to-feature film, as was announced at last year’s Comic-Con. International sales will be handled by Palatin Media’s Bernd Schlötterer. The picture is slated to shoot in November, with casting now underway. The other co-financers are Red Giant Entertainment producers Aimee Schoof and Isen Robbins. Keenspot’s Chris Crosby and Bobby Crosby (the creators of Last Blood) and Ironclad producer Christian Arnold-Beutel are also producing.
Comic-Con: 'Last Blood' Movie Secures Co-Financing
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Dominant With $285M WW; ‘La La’ Lands $200M+ Overseas; ‘XXX’ Tops In China – International…
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners…
- Martin Scorsese's Robert De Niro Pic 'The Irishman' Heading To Netflix?
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities