Producer Rick Benattar (Reel Steel, Ironclad) and newly formed production and financing company Cascade FilmWorks have signed on to co-finance the live-action feature adaptation of the popular webcomic Last Blood. Debuting as an online comic in 2006, Last Blood has attracted more than 20 million readers worldwide, the producers said. It takes place in a future in which vampires battle zombies to protect the last surviving humans and preserve their supply of fresh blood. Mutant Chronicles helmer Simon Hunter is directing the web-to-feature film, as was announced at last year’s Comic-Con. International sales will be handled by Palatin Media’s Bernd Schlötterer. The picture is slated to shoot in November, with casting now underway. The other co-financers are Red Giant Entertainment producers Aimee Schoof and Isen Robbins. Keenspot’s Chris Crosby and Bobby Crosby (the creators of Last Blood) and Ironclad producer Christian Arnold-Beutel are also producing.
Comic-Con: 'Last Blood' Movie Secures Co-Financing
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Topher Grace Joins Cast Of ‘Under The Silver Lake’
- Eric Bana To Star Opposite Forest Whitaker In Desmond Tutu Pic ‘The Forgiven’
- The Night State Sen. Ron Calderon Offered To Sell Out The Film Industry For A Bribe
- A24 Acquires Robert Pattinson Crime Drama ‘Good Time’
- ‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk’ Trailer: A Super-Close Look At The Hardships Of War
- Viacom Board Poised To Give CEO Job To International Networks Chief Bob Bakish