Producer Rick Benattar (Reel Steel, Ironclad) and newly formed production and financing company Cascade FilmWorks have signed on to co-finance the live-action feature adaptation of the popular webcomic Last Blood. Debuting as an online comic in 2006, Last Blood has attracted more than 20 million readers worldwide, the producers said. It takes place in a future in which vampires battle zombies to protect the last surviving humans and preserve their supply of fresh blood. Mutant Chronicles helmer Simon Hunter is directing the web-to-feature film, as was announced at last year’s Comic-Con. International sales will be handled by Palatin Media’s Bernd Schlötterer. The picture is slated to shoot in November, with casting now underway. The other co-financers are Red Giant Entertainment producers Aimee Schoof and Isen Robbins. Keenspot’s Chris Crosby and Bobby Crosby (the creators of Last Blood) and Ironclad producer Christian Arnold-Beutel are also producing.
Comic-Con: 'Last Blood' Movie Secures Co-Financing
What's Hot on Deadline
Pablo Escobar's Brother Urges Netflix To Change 'Narcos' Security Protocol After Death Of Location Manager
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Film News
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Review: Suave British Spies Are Back & The Wacko Formula Still Works For Fans
- ‘Just Getting Started’ Trailer: Morgan Freeman & Tommy Lee Jones Are Rivals-Turned-Partners
- Zak Olkewicz To Adapt ‘Time Salvager’ For Michael Bay At Paramount
- ‘All I See Is You’ Trailer: Blake Lively Regains Sight In Open Road’s Upcoming Thriller
- ‘It’ Becomes Biggest-Ever September Release With $218.8M As ‘Mother!’ Gets F Report Card & Dismal $7.5M…
- Teyana Taylor, Blair Underwood & French Montana To Topline Netflix Comedy ‘The After Party’