Producer Rick Benattar (Reel Steel, Ironclad) and newly formed production and financing company Cascade FilmWorks have signed on to co-finance the live-action feature adaptation of the popular webcomic Last Blood. Debuting as an online comic in 2006, Last Blood has attracted more than 20 million readers worldwide, the producers said. It takes place in a future in which vampires battle zombies to protect the last surviving humans and preserve their supply of fresh blood. Mutant Chronicles helmer Simon Hunter is directing the web-to-feature film, as was announced at last year’s Comic-Con. International sales will be handled by Palatin Media’s Bernd Schlötterer. The picture is slated to shoot in November, with casting now underway. The other co-financers are Red Giant Entertainment producers Aimee Schoof and Isen Robbins. Keenspot’s Chris Crosby and Bobby Crosby (the creators of Last Blood) and Ironclad producer Christian Arnold-Beutel are also producing.
Comic-Con: 'Last Blood' Movie Secures Co-Financing
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Former Legendary Digital Chief Launches Production Banner; Inks First-Look Deal With Legendary TV
- Open Road Sets 2015 Date For 'Rock The Kasbah'
- CBS Sets 'Madam Secretary' Encore On Its Premiere Night
- BAFTA Sets Key Dates, Timeline For 2015 Film Awards
- Orange Is The New Green: Schilling, Dinklage Head To 'A Month In The Country'
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)