Producer Rick Benattar (Reel Steel, Ironclad) and newly formed production and financing company Cascade FilmWorks have signed on to co-finance the live-action feature adaptation of the popular webcomic Last Blood. Debuting as an online comic in 2006, Last Blood has attracted more than 20 million readers worldwide, the producers said. It takes place in a future in which vampires battle zombies to protect the last surviving humans and preserve their supply of fresh blood. Mutant Chronicles helmer Simon Hunter is directing the web-to-feature film, as was announced at last year’s Comic-Con. International sales will be handled by Palatin Media’s Bernd Schlötterer. The picture is slated to shoot in November, with casting now underway. The other co-financers are Red Giant Entertainment producers Aimee Schoof and Isen Robbins. Keenspot’s Chris Crosby and Bobby Crosby (the creators of Last Blood) and Ironclad producer Christian Arnold-Beutel are also producing.
Comic-Con: 'Last Blood' Movie Secures Co-Financing
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’
- ‘The Life And Death Of John Gotti’ Cast Locked
- Ben Foster Rounds Out Scott Cooper’s ‘Hostiles’ Cast As Shooting Starts