“It’s a strange transition time” at Community, series star Joel McHale said this morning on the sidelines of Comic-Con ahead of the NBC show’s panel presentation. The sudden departure of series creator-showrunner Dan Harmon from the comedy was not what McHale wanted. “Dan created the show, Dan gave me the role of a lifetime,” McHale said. “I wanted Dan back.” Joking about NBC briefing him on what to say about Harmon, McHale also called new showrunners David Guarascio and Moses Port “terrific guys” and stressed how comfortable he was working with them (the cast — all of whom are returning for the next season including Chevy Chase — has not started production since Harmon was fired). McHale also joked about how Community was going to be different but the same with the showrunner gone. “It’s like having a pool full of chlorine switched to salt water — its still water,” he said. “Maybe I’m speaking too soon,” he added, “we’ve done nothing yet.” McHale said the real indication will come later this summer. “August 13 is our first day of shooting and the Monday before that is our first table read, so we’ll see then,” he said.
Comic-Con: 'Community's Joel McHale Wanted Ousted Creator Dan Harmon Back
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins - Full List
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On 'The Daily Show'
Latest TV News
- ‘Salvation’ Ratings Down, ‘Carmichael’ Even & CBS Wins Night
- AMC Developing 1990s Chicago Drama Series From Ben Watkins With Ed Burns Set To Exec Produce & Co-Star
- Showtime Orders Boston 1990s Crime Drama Pilot From Ben Affleck & Matt Damon, Gavin O’Connor To Direct
- ‘Absentia’ Trailer: First Look At Stana Katic Crime Thriller On AXN
- ‘At Home With Amy Sedaris’ Gets Fall Premiere Date On truTV
- Van Jones & Charles D. King’s Macro To Produce Political TV Drama Series ‘Indivisible’