“It’s a strange transition time” at Community, series star Joel McHale said this morning on the sidelines of Comic-Con ahead of the NBC show’s panel presentation. The sudden departure of series creator-showrunner Dan Harmon from the comedy was not what McHale wanted. “Dan created the show, Dan gave me the role of a lifetime,” McHale said. “I wanted Dan back.” Joking about NBC briefing him on what to say about Harmon, McHale also called new showrunners David Guarascio and Moses Port “terrific guys” and stressed how comfortable he was working with them (the cast — all of whom are returning for the next season including Chevy Chase — has not started production since Harmon was fired). McHale also joked about how Community was going to be different but the same with the showrunner gone. “It’s like having a pool full of chlorine switched to salt water — its still water,” he said. “Maybe I’m speaking too soon,” he added, “we’ve done nothing yet.” McHale said the real indication will come later this summer. “August 13 is our first day of shooting and the Monday before that is our first table read, so we’ll see then,” he said.
Comic-Con: 'Community's Joel McHale Wanted Ousted Creator Dan Harmon Back
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Operation Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Berlin Film Festival Winners: 'Touch Me Not' Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For 'Isle Of Dogs' - Full List
Latest TV News
- CNN’s Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As “Fantasyland”, Glenn Beck Calls Tapper’s Town Hall “Grotesque”…
- Regan Arts Sells Story Of California’s Leading Abortionist For TV Development
- Olympics Ratings Slide To Icy 2018 Low, Slightly Up From Sochi 2014 On Last Night
- Top BBC Presenter Claims Class Pay Gap As Wide As Gender Pay Gap
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted USA’s Olympic Gold Medal Win In Curling Eight Years Ago
- Omarosa Talks About Writing A Tell-All on ‘Celebrity Big Brother’, Says She Has To “Tell Her Truth”