UPDATE: Christian Bale and his wife traveled to the town of the Aurora movie theater shooting and spent 2 1/2-hours meeting with seven gunshot victims who posted photos of their meeting Batman on the Internet. Warner Bros made it very clear to Deadline that The Dark Knight Rises star was representing himself, not the movie studio. (Though I hear studio reps accompanied him.) “The patients were really happy to meet Bale,” a hospital spokesperson said. “They are obviously big fans of his movies. They wanted to see Batman and were really pleased to see Bale.” Bale specifically asked that media not be notified of his trip. “He wanted to meet with victims and police,” the spokesperson said.
Christian Bale Visits Aurora Theater Shooting Victims: Not Representing Warner Bros
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Film News
- Whydah Productions Secures Rights To Barry Clifford & JFK Jr.’s Pirate Ship Tale
- Film Arcade Inks Multi-Year Domestic Distribution Deal With Universal Home Entertainment
- Fortitude Runs With Adidas/Puma Origin Story Produced By Andrew Garfield
- Guillermo Del Toro To Receive Sound Editors’ Filmmaker Award
- Jessica Chastain’s Surprising Journey Into Corporate Lobbying With ‘Miss Sloane’
- Jimmy Kimmel To Host The Oscars