Christopher Nicholas Smith (Paranormal Activity 3) has been cast as the lead in Rob Greenberg’s single-camera comedy pilot for CBS Ex-Men. The project, from CBS TV Studios and the Tannenbaum Co., centers on a young guy (Smith) who finds camaraderie living among the more experienced guys he meets in a short-term rental complex. This past season, Upright Citizens Brigade performer Smith co-starred in another CBS single-camera pilot, Nick Stoller’s Entry Level, which came close to a series order. After once again sticking to all multi-camera comedy series, the early pilot order to Ex-Men supports CBS’ stated commitment to the single-camera genre. The project was originally developed at CBS five years ago. Smith is with Paradigm and Prinicpato Young.
Chris Smith Lands Lead In CBS Comedy Pilot 'Ex-Men'
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
At Pre-Inaugural Concert, Donald Trump Promises "We Will Turn It Around"; His Nemesis Wayne Barrett Has Died
Latest TV News
- ‘La La Land’ & ‘Hidden Figures’ Among Artios Award Winners
- ‘For God And Country’ Military Drama From Keshet Gets NBC Pilot Order
- Conservative Gasbag “Stephen Colbert” Returns, To Say ‘So Long’ To Obama
- Donald Trump Pounds Press At Inauguration Eve Donor Dinner
- ‘Black-Ish’ Spinoff Starring Yara Shahidi In Works At ABC From Kenya Barris & Larry Wilmore
- Inauguration Day: How To Watch As Donald Trump Becomes POTUS