Christopher Nicholas Smith (Paranormal Activity 3) has been cast as the lead in Rob Greenberg’s single-camera comedy pilot for CBS Ex-Men. The project, from CBS TV Studios and the Tannenbaum Co., centers on a young guy (Smith) who finds camaraderie living among the more experienced guys he meets in a short-term rental complex. This past season, Upright Citizens Brigade performer Smith co-starred in another CBS single-camera pilot, Nick Stoller’s Entry Level, which came close to a series order. After once again sticking to all multi-camera comedy series, the early pilot order to Ex-Men supports CBS’ stated commitment to the single-camera genre. The project was originally developed at CBS five years ago. Smith is with Paradigm and Prinicpato Young.
Chris Smith Lands Lead In CBS Comedy Pilot 'Ex-Men'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Aidan Gillen To Play Dave Allen For BBC; HBO Nordic Orders ‘Gosta’; Anna Friel Flits To ITV’s ‘Butterfly’…
- Herb Scannell Tapped To Be CEO Of Mitú, Latino-Focused Video Producer
- Amazon Studios Inks Overall Deal With ‘Stranger Things’ Writer Justin Doble
- ‘Shark Tank’s Daymond John Inks With Gersh
- Comedy Central’s ‘The Opposition With Jordan Klepper’ Announces Team Of Citizen Journalists
- Zefr Taps Fox Networks Group’s Toby Byrne As President