Christopher Nicholas Smith (Paranormal Activity 3) has been cast as the lead in Rob Greenberg’s single-camera comedy pilot for CBS Ex-Men. The project, from CBS TV Studios and the Tannenbaum Co., centers on a young guy (Smith) who finds camaraderie living among the more experienced guys he meets in a short-term rental complex. This past season, Upright Citizens Brigade performer Smith co-starred in another CBS single-camera pilot, Nick Stoller’s Entry Level, which came close to a series order. After once again sticking to all multi-camera comedy series, the early pilot order to Ex-Men supports CBS’ stated commitment to the single-camera genre. The project was originally developed at CBS five years ago. Smith is with Paradigm and Prinicpato Young.
Chris Smith Lands Lead In CBS Comedy Pilot 'Ex-Men'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas Again As 'Magnificent 7' Corrals $19.2M & 'Storks' Bundles $18.3M - Intl Box Office
'Magnificent Seven's $35M Opening A Career Best For Antoine Fuqua; 'Storks' At $21.8M - Sunday AM B.O. Final Update
Latest TV News
- ‘People V O.J. Simpson’ Writer D.V. DeVincentis Inks Overall Deal With FX Productions
- ‘The Simpsons’ Ratings Tick Up On Largely Miserable Premiere Sunday For Series
- Veep Joe Biden To Make First Visit To Jimmy Fallon’s ‘Tonight Show’ Three Days After First Debate
- ‘The Deep’: Ian Verdun Joins Freeform’s Mermaid Thriller Drama Pilot
- NBCU Intl Plants ‘Trees’; Options Sci-Fi Comics For Tom Hardy’s Hardy Son & Baker
- Gordon Ramsay’s New Company Names Chris Brogden As Chief Creative Officer