Christopher Nicholas Smith (Paranormal Activity 3) has been cast as the lead in Rob Greenberg’s single-camera comedy pilot for CBS Ex-Men. The project, from CBS TV Studios and the Tannenbaum Co., centers on a young guy (Smith) who finds camaraderie living among the more experienced guys he meets in a short-term rental complex. This past season, Upright Citizens Brigade performer Smith co-starred in another CBS single-camera pilot, Nick Stoller’s Entry Level, which came close to a series order. After once again sticking to all multi-camera comedy series, the early pilot order to Ex-Men supports CBS’ stated commitment to the single-camera genre. The project was originally developed at CBS five years ago. Smith is with Paradigm and Prinicpato Young.
Chris Smith Lands Lead In CBS Comedy Pilot 'Ex-Men'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- John Boehner Cancels On ‘Tonight Show’ After Kevin McCarthy Bails On Speaker Race
- Netflix Raises Rate For Standard Service By $1 To $9.99 A Month
- ‘Tyrant’ Renewed For Season 3 On FX
- Jack Black & Dwight Yoakam To Produce Fox Music Comedy ‘Belles & Whistles’
- ‘Halt and Catch Fire’ Renewed For Season 3 By AMC With The Series Creators As New Showrunners
- NBC Nabs Bruno Mars-Produced Music Comedy From Imagine TV As Put Pilot