Christopher Nicholas Smith (Paranormal Activity 3) has been cast as the lead in Rob Greenberg’s single-camera comedy pilot for CBS Ex-Men. The project, from CBS TV Studios and the Tannenbaum Co., centers on a young guy (Smith) who finds camaraderie living among the more experienced guys he meets in a short-term rental complex. This past season, Upright Citizens Brigade performer Smith co-starred in another CBS single-camera pilot, Nick Stoller’s Entry Level, which came close to a series order. After once again sticking to all multi-camera comedy series, the early pilot order to Ex-Men supports CBS’ stated commitment to the single-camera genre. The project was originally developed at CBS five years ago. Smith is with Paradigm and Prinicpato Young.
Chris Smith Lands Lead In CBS Comedy Pilot 'Ex-Men'
What's Hot on Deadline
TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox's Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations: 'Call Me By Your Name', 'Lady Bird', 'Get Out', 'The Rider', 'Florida Project' Best Pics
Latest TV News
- ‘LA To Vegas’ & ‘The Resident’ Get Premiere Dates On Fox
- Patrick Melrose: First-Look Image Of Benedict Cumberbatch’s Showtime & Sky Atlantic Drama
- Sky To Spend Over $9BN On Content in ’18; Launches Latest Slate Of Originals
- NBC Developing Space Alien Comedy From ‘Superstore’ Duo
- PBS Cancels ‘Charlie Rose’
- Three Tyler Perry Series Get OWN Premiere Dates, Including Spinoff ‘The Paynes’