Carrie Underwood and Josh Groban topline Teachers Rock, an hourlong music special that will broadcast from Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on Saturday, August 18 on CBS. It will be taped August 14. Performing alongside Underwood and Groban will be country artist Dierks Bentley and pop group Fun. Teachers Rock, which honors America’s educators, will feature personal recollections from musicians Dave Grohl, Usher, Adam Levine and James Valentine and by actors including Meryl Streep, LL Cool J, Viola Davis, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Pauley Perrette, Jennifer Garner, Jack Black, Morgan Freeman, Matthew Morrison and Miranda Cosgrove, among others. The special is sponsored by Walmart and Walden Media’s upcoming feature film Won’t Back Down.
CBS To Do Music Special For Teachers
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV