Carrie Underwood and Josh Groban topline Teachers Rock, an hourlong music special that will broadcast from Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on Saturday, August 18 on CBS. It will be taped August 14. Performing alongside Underwood and Groban will be country artist Dierks Bentley and pop group Fun. Teachers Rock, which honors America’s educators, will feature personal recollections from musicians Dave Grohl, Usher, Adam Levine and James Valentine and by actors including Meryl Streep, LL Cool J, Viola Davis, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Pauley Perrette, Jennifer Garner, Jack Black, Morgan Freeman, Matthew Morrison and Miranda Cosgrove, among others. The special is sponsored by Walmart and Walden Media’s upcoming feature film Won’t Back Down.
CBS To Do Music Special For Teachers
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Latest TV News
- Univision Pulls Ads; Owner Of Orlando Pulse Club, Mothers, Victims, GLADD Press The Network To Stop “Blood Bath”
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'
- ‘MacGyver’ Rebounds In Demo Ratings, ‘Shark Tank’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Top Night
- ‘Doctor Who’ Trailer Teases Return Of “Most Dangerous Man In The Universe”
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Slams ‘Bait’-Taking Liberals & Huggy, Panda-Loving TV Journalists