Carrie Underwood and Josh Groban topline Teachers Rock, an hourlong music special that will broadcast from Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on Saturday, August 18 on CBS. It will be taped August 14. Performing alongside Underwood and Groban will be country artist Dierks Bentley and pop group Fun. Teachers Rock, which honors America’s educators, will feature personal recollections from musicians Dave Grohl, Usher, Adam Levine and James Valentine and by actors including Meryl Streep, LL Cool J, Viola Davis, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Pauley Perrette, Jennifer Garner, Jack Black, Morgan Freeman, Matthew Morrison and Miranda Cosgrove, among others. The special is sponsored by Walmart and Walden Media’s upcoming feature film Won’t Back Down.
CBS To Do Music Special For Teachers
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest TV News
- NBA Awards Tipping Off In June On TNT
- Jason Jones & Samantha Bee’s ‘The Detour’ Renewed For Season 3 By TBS
- Apple Music Delays Release Of ‘Carpool Karaoke: The Series’
- ‘Descendants 2’ Set For Simultaneous July Premiere On Five Disney|ABC Television Group Networks
- Netflix Scales Chinese Entry Wall By Striking Licensing Deal With iQiyi
- ‘Rainbow Rangers’: Nickelodeon Acquires CGI-Animated Preschool Series From Genius Brands Int’l