In anticipation of a 2014 syndication launch, CBS Television Distribution announced today that it has sold Hot In Cleveland to stations in more than 65% of the country. The TV Land series, which CTD picked up the broadcast domestic distribution rights for last year, is already sold in nine of the top 10 markets and 18 of the top 20 markets. “Stations have enthusiastically embraced Hot In Cleveland and see huge potential for this sitcom in their lineups. Hot In Cleveland has been a breakout hit for TV Land and is a perfect fit for the broad audience of broadcast syndication,” said Joe DiSalvo, CTD’s President of Sales today. The deal was put together by CBS/CTD’ SVP Scott Koondel, and Eddie Dalva, EVP of content and program enterprises for Viacom Entertainment and Music Groups. The sale of the series to CBS-owned stations like WLNY, New York, LA’s KCAL, Dallas-Ft. Worth’s KTXA as well as others in top markets comes less than a month after the pick up of Warner Bros TV’s 2 Broke Girls and Mike & Molly. Starring Betty White, Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick, Hot in Cleveland premiered in June 2010 as the highest-rated show in TV Land’s almost decade and a half history. Production on the series fourth season of Hot In Cleveland is scheduled to start next month.
CBS Television Distribution Sells 'Hot In Cleveland' To Stations Covering 65% of U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15M Opening Day; 5-Day Outlook Now At $63M-$65M
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest TV News
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Movie To Start Production In 2018
- Samantha Bee Looks For All The Words Donald Trump And His Team Are Hiding
- ‘Really?! With Seth & Amy’: Meyers & Poehler Trash Trump/Caesar Protests On ‘Late Night’
- 'Fargo' EP Noah Hawley On Open-Ended Finale, Potential Season 4 & 'Cat's Cradle'
- ‘Marvel’s The Defenders’: First Poster Brings The Solitary Superheroes Together
- ‘Queen Sugar’ Ratings Score Core Demo Series High With Season 2 Premiere