The trial expansion of CBS’ Face The Nation to a full hour is permanent, CBS News president David Rhodes announced today. The Sunday magazine show had been expanded from half-hour to an hour in the spring for a 20-week trial. “Thanks to the support of viewers that have made it the Number 1 show on the stations that carried the expanded show, we’re able to announce that the broadcast is going to stay an hour into the fall,” Rhodes said, although not every CBS affiliate carries the expanded version. Separately the network also announced Anthony Mason is the new regular co-host with Rebecca Jarvis of the Saturday edition of CBS This Morning.
CBS Sticks With One-Hour 'Face The Nation': TCA
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest TV News
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling For Women
- Fergie Apologizes For NBA All-Star Game National Anthem That “Didn’t Strike The Intended Tone”
- Donald Trump Will Attend This Year’s Gridiron Dinner; Still A “Maybe” On White House Correspondents…
- David Parfitt Accuses Harvey Weinstein Of Assaulting Him On ‘My Week With Marilyn’
- NBA All-Star Game Scores In Ratings For TNT & TBS
- Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed