The trial expansion of CBS’ Face The Nation to a full hour is permanent, CBS News president David Rhodes announced today. The Sunday magazine show had been expanded from half-hour to an hour in the spring for a 20-week trial. “Thanks to the support of viewers that have made it the Number 1 show on the stations that carried the expanded show, we’re able to announce that the broadcast is going to stay an hour into the fall,” Rhodes said, although not every CBS affiliate carries the expanded version. Separately the network also announced Anthony Mason is the new regular co-host with Rebecca Jarvis of the Saturday edition of CBS This Morning.
CBS Sticks With One-Hour 'Face The Nation': TCA
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video
- Graham Norton, 'Modern Family' Lead British Comedy Awards; Sony TV Ad Sales Inks With Jewish Life TV