The trial expansion of CBS’ Face The Nation to a full hour is permanent, CBS News president David Rhodes announced today. The Sunday magazine show had been expanded from half-hour to an hour in the spring for a 20-week trial. “Thanks to the support of viewers that have made it the Number 1 show on the stations that carried the expanded show, we’re able to announce that the broadcast is going to stay an hour into the fall,” Rhodes said, although not every CBS affiliate carries the expanded version. Separately the network also announced Anthony Mason is the new regular co-host with Rebecca Jarvis of the Saturday edition of CBS This Morning.
CBS Sticks With One-Hour 'Face The Nation': TCA
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest TV News
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- NCAA Basketball Tops Friday Ratings; ‘The Originals’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Tick Up In Demo
- Conservative PAC TV Spots Prematurely Thank GOP For Defeating Obamacare